Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fall fish on the Banks?????

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fall fish on the Banks?????

I know I know trying to pump everyone on the site for info again. But I've been hearing that after the lakes turn that the fish head to the banks just like they do during the spring and feed themselves fat for winter. So what do the water temp look like when that happens? I'm gonna fish atleast once per week God willing to find out but I would just like to know. Do lakes get pretty dinjy when the lake does turn? And I heard that the fishing slows down alot during the turn. I went this weekend and it was the first time in a while that I didnt post a limit so starting to wonder. Thanks for any input God Bless and Good fishin.

Post Thanks / Like

We went out this late afternoon ,been catching fish along the channel but the bite was slow so we move closer to the bank,and there they were,1-3 ft of water,been waiting for the shallow bite for a couple of weeks now.got our limits in a couple of hours and threw back alot of shorts and some barely 9's.so start looking for them .

Post Thanks / Like

Been on the banks for about 2 weeks now. Slowly picking up. 3 FOW at deepest section and shallower. Lots of little ones though. I found that some of the shallow flats are doing decent as well early in the morning.
    Last edited by Little Skeeter; 10-12-2011 at 10:22 PM.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Shallow flats are working great down here. Our water temps are @ 70* now and the bait has moved up, bringing the crappie with them. Some parts of the shallows are still turning over now so we'll just have to keep a check on 'em.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiedave55 View Post
    We went out this late afternoon ,been catching fish along the channel but the bite was slow so we move closer to the bank,and there they were,1-3 ft of water,been waiting for the shallow bite for a couple of weeks now.got our limits in a couple of hours and threw back alot of shorts and some barely 9's.so start looking for them .
    You caught those on the Pomme arm of truman right. How far up there do you run if you dont mind me asking. Do you make it were the gravel road runs into the water down there and if so do you fish that area or up even farther.

Post Thanks / Like

I think you are talking about Avery Bottoms,we are fishing up above that .You can't put in there because of the low water.Up the river is a place called Sapps landing and it has a steep ramp but going down you will come to a sharp left curve in the river and it is shallow there with lots of stumps ,after you get by that you can start fishing from there to about 2 miles down and catch some good fish.we have talked to people who are fishing up by the ramp and they are getting limits also.Good luck

Post Thanks / Like

My Dad and I have been fishing Mark Twain all week, and we found them along a really rocky bank in Lick Creek in about 20-25 ft......... everyone else seemed to be sitting in the trees, but we were the only ones cleaning fish in the evenings.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reports fella's gonna go to LOZ this weekend hopefully pull out some limits out there.