Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need to take attendance from the EF regulars.....

Post Thanks / Like

Default I need to take attendance from the EF regulars.....

Hey fellas just making sure your all alive???? Went bast the main Boat ramp on 125 side today and there were so many "officials" I wasnt sure what was going on?? There were Sheriff cars, Boats, Staties, Water patrol officers?

They were definetly looking for something thats for sure. The Craziest thing that was there was a Huge semi towing a huge trailer that said "Strike Force 1" I think atleast. That was where the divers were suiting up and getting ready. One of the boats was towing a long cord with something that looked like about a 3ft torpeedo on the end. I figured some sort of kick but sonar, other boats were winching and drudging.... I wanted to be nosey and ask but just couldnt bring myself to do it. I would have thought if it were just for training there wouldnt have been so many Sheriff vehicles there. There was a LOT of Cops...

Anyways, hope you all are alive and well, Im assuming they werent crappie fishin, more like human fishin??????? Im gonna watch the news in just a bit and c if something is on there about it.... ??

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't seen anything on the news either. I just looked at the Clermont County Sheriff's website and it has a lot of info about the Task Force One dive team. It does say that they regularly do search and rescue training, so lets hope that was it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EFslabs View Post
    I haven't seen anything on the news either. I just looked at the Clermont County Sheriff's website and it has a lot of info about the Task Force One dive team. It does say that they regularly do search and rescue training, so lets hope that was it.
    And that could have very well been what was going on. Like I said, I could understand the divers and a few cops but there was a bunch ohh cops. Hopefully it was just training, man they had a rookie crappie fisherman fooled of that was the case....... LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe they're in there looking for those crappie condos.
    Robin, I watched the news earlier and I didn't see anything. I did notice Fairfield (I think) had some kind of police/fire rescue training operation (or something like that) going on today in maybe Butler Co.

Post Thanks / Like

They where looking for pewee and his electric chainsaw.

Post Thanks / Like

I talked to one of the sherriffs there yesterday and they were just doing training exercises. I fished the lower end yesterday and caught black crappie moving around to stump to laydowns fish seemed to be hanging around in 10 fow and I was using jigs tipped with a nugget. I did get to see something not so good yesterday. Over at the dam ramp I was looking away at something and heard a boom and looked back and a guy that just pulled a pontoon on a trailer, the front end dropped over the trailer and was laying on the ramp. After a minute the guy put the truck in reverse and backed it 30 foot back to the water grinding the boat on the ramp. I did see alot of fishermen just running hard through no wake zones also, I had one also yesterday that looked like he was going to turn my boat on its side on the dock.

Post Thanks / Like

I talked to them at the small no-wake area near Clover, They had a hoist out the side, said they were hired by Yates to find his cellphonesRofl The only other odd thing I came across was a short, bald fella in the river (james)

Post Thanks / Like

its funny what a man will do for a six pack..
    J.I.L. <*)}}}><

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Y-SLABS View Post
    I talked to them at the small no-wake area near Clover, They had a hoist out the side, said they were hired by Yates to find his cellphonesRofl The only other odd thing I came across was a short, bald fella in the river (james)
    Hey maybe they will find my bait pump.

kycreek is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by StumpHog View Post
    They where looking for pewee and his electric chainsaw.
    That is a good one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast