Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Clinton sows

Post Thanks / Like

Default Clinton sows

After nearly a year of not fishin it's great to be back on the water even though it will be short lived, anyways finally found the pigs in the timber 8-10 fow on jigs. Be patient though, they have full bellies and aren't into chasing bait, just waiting for it to come by. Look for clouds of Shad 3-6ft. below surface and you'll know you are in the right area!

Post Thanks / Like

Went to Perry today twister tails 10 to 14 fow rocks 29 keepers 1 13 " 5 12" rest 10 to 11" Great day with a good friend . June bug and Chartruse Best. then orange and purple tubes .A numbers game go threw the little ones to get the nicer fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report guys. I went out to a dock at Perry today and maybe caught 2 keepers, very slow. Rain scared me into not taking the boat. Guess I should have took it out today. Looks like it would have been a good day to be on the water.

Post Thanks / Like

It was GREAT Big Mo, haven't seen fish at Clinton like this in a while 6 over 13in and other 14 over 12.tossed back a bunch around 12in. with hopes they make it to spawn in the spring! Next trip I'll probably head to Perry to try and find those pigs that everyone is staying quiet about!

Good job WC!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the detailed report Fishless and Walleye C., I was wondering if they were ever gonna move into the timber, sounds like a good trip.
    FAITH, FAMILY, FRIENDS & FISHING...... hopefully in that order but honestly, not always!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice going guys and thanks for posting reports and details.

Post Thanks / Like

good report thanks wtg

Post Thanks / Like

Dan,
    Now your talking, your getting there. That lake has plenty of 15" fish, look for the cut banks and go SHALLOW, almost like they're spawning. Avoid the FLATS, these are NASCAR fish running down the highway looking for a pit stop. A shady area with a roof has been excellent. Don't forget the SPOONS!

Post Thanks / Like

Great time for those that like to do some flippin and casting, but fish can also still be caught out on the brush(against the bank) so if you are not finding the shallow fish move on back out to plan "B" to get your thump on! Other than the winter, brush piles are always plan "B" for me.