Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: smithville

Post Thanks / Like

Default smithville

I am going to smithville sat. and was wondering if any body has done any good? I just hope the wind is not blowing 50 miles an hour
    "Those who will trade a little liberty for a little security will lose both and deserve neither" Thomas Jefferson

Post Thanks / Like

can't give you a report,I work weekends,but should get out mon. and tue.

Did see they stopped letting water out of the dam,don't think it will have any effect on the lake though

Post Thanks / Like

Went to Smithville today, and the afternoon bit was much better. The temp. was kind of chilly in the morning, but the sun warms up the water nicely in the afternoon. Caught 9 keepers, with two 12"ers. About 10 shorts... so the ratio was actually pretty good. Minnows and jigs....

Post Thanks / Like

ProfTang... How deep were they? Were they biting better in the morning or in the afternoon when the water warmed up? (Hoping to go this weekend).
    Remember... Ve have vaays of making you talk! (Ok, so we don't).
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

ShortStorie... They were around 16 foot deep. Still pretty deep, but I guess that is due to the cold nights we have been getting for the past several days. I think once the temp. settled down, they will move to the shallows.

Morning bite was slow due to the cold temp... once the sun warms up the water a little bit, they seemed to bite better.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks...Not easy for me to be on the water at dawn.

Post Thanks / Like

Well,last 2 days have been a bust.Very muddy up this way,high winds stink.caught some,but no pattern,just luck.Thought some white bass would show up,but no dice.

Post Thanks / Like

Default morning or afternoon?

I am heading to the lake tomorrow...either in the morning or afternoon. Any suggestions? If I go in the morning, I would go before the sun comes up and try to catch a walleye before I head for the crappies. It seems that Smithville is slow so far this year. I hope it turns on like it did last spring.
    When in doubt, set the hook.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm at a loss,can't figure them out yet.Won't have a chance till next tue.to get out again.Wish I could help.Going for the multi-species seems to be the best bet,for me anyway