Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fall Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fall Crappie

Went fishing this past Sunday and caught 14 Crappie in 20ft. of water and two of them measured 15 inches. Using 2" Kalin's grubs with a chartreuse head.

Post Thanks / Like

Len:
    You fishing Diamond again for your big crappie?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fall Crappie

Caught the last Crappie on Pleasant Lake just north of Corey and Harwood Lakes.

Post Thanks / Like

I may have one last chance this friday before I put my boat away. Pleasant may be the place. Do you tip your jigs with minnows? Any tips for that lake?
    THanks
    jcass

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fall Crappie

We use 2" Kalins Grubs just by themselves but since the water temp has started to fall probably minnows and bobbers are the key. Fish the North end of the lake out in front of a 2-story brown brick home in 20ft. of water.

Good luck!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Len:
    THanks for the info. I have the Sportsman topo map of that lake and will be looking for the house you mentioned. Now if I can just get myself out of bed Friday AM! (Got the day off!)

Post Thanks / Like

What's your water temp up there? We're down into the 40's now and fishing has gotten slow here in Ohio. - Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern

Post Thanks / Like

Default Water Temp

The average temp as of last weekend was 48.Fishing has also started to slow down abit,but the outside temps have held this week so who knows. I also am ready for the ice.

Post Thanks / Like

Len:
    Fished Pleasant Friday Am. First time on the lake. I decided to troll around the lake to get to the house on the north side you mentioned. Learned a lot about the lake but only picked up one crappie (in the narrows) before getting to the brick house and wasted about 2 hours getting there. (I am assuming you are talking about that GREAT BIG house.) Marked fish and structure just as you said and caught a couple and lost one. The wind was blowing right down that shoreline and air temp was in 40's - water temp at 43. I finally got tired of fighting the wind and moved up to the east end of that part of the lake to get in a little clamer water. I ended up catching 8 crappie right in front of a house on the south shore of that bay near the east end. (House has one of those flag poles shaped like a cross and has three flags hanging from it. They were all caught in a very tight area. Had to leave to pick up my wife so I didn't get to fish as long as I wanted. (All keepers, but no big ones. I released them as I didn't have time to clean them.)
    I don't know how someone from Mishawaka could end up on Pleasant, but if you fish this area, you might want to try Belas and Kirk lake. Very small lakes, but I caught a number of nice crappie on them this summer. One nice thing about them is Belas has NO houses on it - you think you are in the Upper Penninsula and Kirk has only two house set back in the woods. If you have the Sportman's maps of those lakes, both mark the boat launch in completly the wrong places. Belas launch is best for smaller boats. I can launch my Lund 1650 explorer but it is tight. Limited parking there also. Kirk is much better. If you fish them, let me know and I will tell you where I had my best luck.
    Have you fished Bear LAke at the intersection of M-60 and M-40? I hear it is good. THere is a campground where you can put in for 5$.
    Thanks for the info.
    Last edited by jcass; 11-21-2004 at 11:32 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fall Crappie

You were in exactly the right area to fish for crappie.We usually mark alot of fish in this area and have even caught some nice bluegill while fishing for crappie.I have never been on Bair Lake but I also here it is good for crappie and the lake is not to deep.Never tried Kirk or Belas lakes either.Most of our crappie were caught on Diamond Lake this year. Might give Klinger Lake a try next Friday weather permitting.It also is known for some large crappie,but do not know where to start on this lake.Where would you start on Belas and Kirk Lakes?

Good Luck,Len
    Last edited by Len; 11-21-2004 at 03:12 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast