Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: My trip to Green River Lake ..

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default My trip to Green River Lake ..

... netted us 9 keeper Crappie, out of about 50 fish caught Doh Rofl

We probably did catch more than 9 keepers, but we threw back anything that wasn't clearly 9.5" or better (Golden Rule measure board). Even so, it was a fun day ... as it always is when you fish with a friend. We found the bite to be quick & aggressive, when we first got there .... and seemed to taper off to a more finicky "nibble & play" with it bite, as the day wore on. They did seem to want the minners to be moving along ... and several times, when we got bites/jerked & missed, dropping the minner back down to the bottom & reeling up a few turns got us second chance hits that resulted in fish.

I think I won the "smallest Crappie caught" award ... with a sneaky little 4" fish, that kept after the minner about 2 seconds too long Rofl
    My fishing partner, Carl, laid it on me in numbers ... but, I think I put the majority of the kept fish in the livewell.
    Most of our fish came in 18-21fow, on the Ferguson Ridge flats ... which we had to ourselves for the first half of the day. Many of the fish we caught had bulging bellies, and were probably feeding on the Shad that we saw schooling & surfacing.

Thanks to those that gave us info ... it really helped Thumbs Up

... cp

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you guys had a fantastic time on the water and am glad to see you put some good fish in the boat too. Congrats.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

kycreek is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Good report. I see you are making good use of that new boat.Thumbs Up I'd like to go down and check out Green River lake myself.

Indian Rocks Beach, Florida, United States
    Post Thanks / Like

WTG Pappy! Glad you found a few. Sounds like T-ville is sort of hot right now. May have to give it one more chance. Barren didn't play out like we hoped. Even with help from cntryby who was kind enough to show us and even mark some spots we still couldn't get em to bite.
    You can't finish what you don't start

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Downwind View Post
    WTG Pappy! Glad you found a few. Sounds like T-ville is sort of hot right now. May have to give it one more chance. Barren didn't play out like we hoped. Even with help from cntryby who was kind enough to show us and even mark some spots we still couldn't get em to bite.
    You know, Dar ... we ALMOST changed plans at the last minute & went to T-ville Doh But, I had my mind set on minners & GRL, so we went with that.
    Went to the PDQ to get minners @ 0230 ... and they were CLOSED I can't EVER remember them being closed, as they're a 24/7 store. But, as luck would have it ... when we stopped at the store at GRL, they were almost out of minners (even though they were stocked on Thur), and they didn't even count'em when they gave me my 5dz. They just dumped a half scoop net full into my bucket & I told them that would do nicely Hands Clapping At any rate, it was more minners than we needed !!

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Good work pappy, nice report, fish are definitely on the move right now

Post Thanks / Like

At least you were getting the lines tugged on, that's always a plus! Hows fishing in the new boat?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by badbrad View Post
    At least you were getting the lines tugged on, that's always a plus! Hows fishing in the new boat?
    I'm likin it Thumbs Up (but then I knew I would ... hehe) Fishes great, & runs fast enough for this old man Rofl (53mph w/full weight load)

Got a Lowrance Elite 5DSI to mount on it, too ... !!

... cp

(more Birthday wishes on the Main Message Forum ... FYI !! )

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the detailed report CP
    Sorry I couldn't help you out, still focusing on Nolin. Trying to learn the lake.

Post Thanks / Like

Like Gren River - Holmes Ben area ......caught healthy aggressive fish there !!!!