Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smithville Sat 24th

Post Thanks / Like

Default Smithville Sat 24th

Put in about 7:30 Me and Son-ln-law Kemper 654 at W ramp.Fished brush pile south of bridge to the east. Caught about 10 good ones.20ft of water 10 to 15 down or right above brush. Black and silver tubes, one on a beetle spinner and minnows.Sail boat cove hardly got a bite.Thumbs Up
    RHill KCNorth

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report. I plan on heading out tomorrow and I was planning on hitting the w bridge. Can't wait to get some for the freezer.

Post Thanks / Like

Did better than me RHill. I put in about 3:00 PM and caught 2 keepers. Very slow up north. They were nice fish, one was 12" and the other was just shy of 15". It weighed 1lb 9 oz. I thought about getting it mounted. I need a new trolling motor so he went back.
    Feel the thump, hear the drag.
    "GET IT IN THE BOAT"

Post Thanks / Like

good report, sounds like y'all had a good day.

Post Thanks / Like

We started about 1:00 at bridge pillars at W couple shorts. Went to Sailboat and worked our way along the bluff catching a few out of the brush as we moved back. Found some shad further back in sailboat and caught fish around shad and off wood. Cleaned 14, half nice others just over the line. RHill were you the ones fishing the busted docks. I have that old Stratos 201.
    Big Red

Post Thanks / Like

KCCrappie wow 15. Might be mount worthy for Smithville. Touch no we were out of there by 12:45.
    RHill KCNorth

Post Thanks / Like

Rhill and I fried them up today along with a freezer full from this summer and they were delicious with Andy's breading! First time we used Andy's, mixed 2 bags yellow with 2 bags red which made an awesome combo and is easily my new favorite breading.

KCCrappie... congrats on the 15 incher, that's a dandy anywhere! I'd rather have a new trolling motor too, hope you got a few pics.
    Scott - KC Northland

Post Thanks / Like

Took a video, need to figure out how to pull pics from video. It was my third just short of 15 at Smithville. It was fun to catch. Thought I had a bass or cat untill I saw it. Then I had to scramble around to find the net. Sure wish the dog could learn how to net a fish. Two fish in 4 hours wasnt so great but it was a great evening to be out.
    Feel the thump, hear the drag.
    "GET IT IN THE BOAT"

Post Thanks / Like

I need some help! Went out yesterday from 10-2pm. Nothing. Blank. Zero. I haven't been blanked twice in a row for a looooong time. Anyway, I used minnows under a bobber, minnows on a crappie rig jigged up and down, and a chartruese green 1/8 jig. Also tried some rooster tails. Fished up in the west and east coves south of W ( bridge was full). Then went over to sailboat and fished the "no wake buoys" ( marked a ton of shad balls and fish). Then tried the bridge across from Crows Creek ramp.... Marked a ton of fish and bait balls...

What am I doing wrong? Is it an aggressive jig action, light jig action. Getting frustrated as I promised a fish fry... maybe I will have to go the Price Chopper... ha ha ..

keeferfish is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

The whites are going crazy up there right now. Fished for green fish and couldn't keep the whites away and nice ones.
    Nice report guys. The crappie have been shallow.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast