Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Shakespeare Pflueger bait cast reels.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Shakespeare Pflueger bait cast reels.

Walmart has Shakespeare & Pflueger baitcast reels in blister packs for $35 to $40. They look good, does anyone have any comments about them? thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a Pflueger Echelon baitcaster about a month ago...haven't had a chance to use it a whole lot but it seems to be a good reel for what I paid for it ($60 at Bass Pro), but I think they're the same price at Wally World.
    This is my first baitcaster and it's been pretty easy to get the hang of without alot of hassle so far. Seems to be well constructed and pretty smooth.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't know how they cast but I use them for spider-rigging and am very happy with that use.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I use the Shakespeare bait casters for spider rigging. Got lucky and found a bunch of reconditioned ones for $12 each.
    Carl's Guide Service
    Sardis Lake
    Enid Lake
    Grenada Lake
    901-734-7536

Post Thanks / Like

Walmart is doing its 7 year re-confuse-model at my store. The price may be $60 but I did see a $39.95 price sticker, but, untill all is done who knows. I'll ask a clerk next time I am in there.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a couple of the Pflueger Echelons and they are good reels. I guess the Shakespeares may be allright for spider rigging but for anything involving much casting they are generally junk. My two boys each wanted one of the Shakespeare baitcasting combos from Walmart last summer and even though I tried to talk them into waiting and saving their money for something better they just had to have them. One of them came apart during the very first trip and the other made it through three trips before breaking. I can't remember which model but it was the higher priced one that they had in stock.