HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: today on Greers Ferry lake

Post Thanks / Like

Cool today on Greers Ferry lake

finally got a chance to hit the lake
    Sunny for the first
    hour or so

found a good sized tree (submerged) w/fish,..

changed color and type of lures a few times and just caught one, when it
    started raining (He was reasonable about 13 inches)
    fishin luck STOPPED at
    that point.
    I did catch a Big water moccosin on sonar in the captured pic he's about 12 ft
    deep. he came up shortly afterward swimmin around back of boat! I didn't notice
    at the time but when I downloaded pix, in lower "dual side image" the snake and
    its shadow way out to the right and then
    saw the second largest shadow and white blip!
    it shows on sonar screen in upper right
    corner picture as largest fish icon @
    8.1 ft deep.
    I saw the snake and it was every bit of 5 ft long, ...
    compareing the returns and shadows on sonar that was a BIGGG FISH!!!

From
    then on just wasn't real pretty! most every time I could even find the scattered
    fish they were already in balls/schools of bait fish and didn't want anyting I
    was offering

Lots
    of Nay sayers on Technology! They say just cause you see em don't mean they'll
    byte!! ... Thats very true!
    However...... If I know, there are no fish
    there.....

Post Thanks / Like

Those are some great pics, love the snake!! Thanks for posting!!

Helicopter Pilot
    Vietnam 67/68
    Proud Member of the Southeast Asian War Games Team

Post Thanks / Like

Need any help fishing? Man those are awesome pictures. Is the side imaging worth the extra bucks or would the HD down imaging be enough? I am looking to upgrade.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bohunterbiff View Post
    Need any help fishing? Is the side imaging worth the extra bucks or would the HD down imaging be enough? I am looking to upgrade.
    I always need help fishing!!! And am glad to make new aquaintences!If your anywhere around central AR /Greers Ferry PM me and we can set somethin up!!
    About the side imaging. Regular and color fish finders. Color gives you more info on soft or hard reflection "Rocky or silt bottom" type of, or what your looking at. In the top picture you can differencieate the fish in the color graph, but not so much in the down or side image.The key with color you can get a "DUAL BEAM" (most are) they will show you the difference of the small down "CONE" or whats directly beneath you as a different color identified fish as the one's further out to the side (Second beam bigger cone) Mine set up as blue directly under the boat, orange is further to sides " BUT it doesnt tell you "WHICH SIDE". In the third pic if you first look @ the color graph you see blue and orange fish in schools of baitfish @ two very distinct depths "You know the orange fish and bait are away from the boat track but no idea how far "OR TO WHICH SIDE" Down imaging in this case really doesnt help at all but side image shows that the shallower bait (Bigger and more) fish passed just under and off to the rt side and the orange bait and fish passed further away to the right side. If you notice the side scan is set to 61 feet "I must have scrolled in or out to get an odd number" anyway the orange fish would be about between 20 and 30 ft off starbord. On mine I can then cursor over to the bait and or fish and press mark and it will lock it into GPS and by the time I turn around (Or the next trip to the lake if it were a submerged cover/tree) put me back on it, within a foot or so "Even if I actually passed over around 30 ft away in first place!

Post Thanks / Like

Do you fish the river there much? The wife and I had our honeymoon there at the lake. Yes we went crappie fishing on our honeymoon, someone see a problem with that? LOL

Looks like a good spot you found there. Might have to come down sometime and get you to show me around the lake.

Post Thanks / Like

That has to be one of the best explanations I have read! Thanks! I head up that way in Feb/Mar for trout fly fishing in Missouri......never thought about Greers Ferry, might have to take you up on that one.

Post Thanks / Like

The wife and I had our honeymoon there at the lake. Yes we went crappie fishing on our honeymoon, someone see a problem with that? LOL

My wife and I went to Jack's Resort in Mt. View trout fishin. LOL
    We only sell the Best. Ranger, Xpress, Yamaha, Suzuki, Tohatsu.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Little Skeeter View Post

Looks like a good spot you found there. Might have to come down sometime and get you to show me around the lake.
    Was only my second time on water at this lake?!?!?! We just moved here from Great state of Texas!!! Absolutely LOVE it here!!! Have boat will fish!! Don't know anyone here yet ... Need to hook up with some fishing partners!!

Post Thanks / Like

I use to have some old family members that lived there. I have not talked to them in years, so I am not sure they are still there or not. It would give me a reason to come down anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

WOW I Seee! All this time I never knew Croppie liked CANNED COLA?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! That explaines everything!!! gonna have to get me a few of those lures !!!Rofl

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast