Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fishing Ouachita Sat.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing Ouachita Sat.

I don't really get the time to fish Ouachita, but plan on going out Saturday. Does anyone have a prefered area of the lake or method? I don't want your secrets, I just want to know if I work around the Crystal Springs area I'll be OK or if I need to move on up towards Mountain Harbor or Denby Point.

Post Thanks / Like

Jake....I have to say that I dont fish much around Crystal Springs, so I dont know that much about it. We mainly fish around Mt. Harbor/Shangri La area. What we use is a little 2" or so grub(Tennessee Shad color) on a jig head. Just throw it out and slow fish it back to the boat, mainly over moss or some kind of structure/drop off. It works for us. I hope I helped some, and I hope you wear them out.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't fish Crystal much either, but I bet you could find some around the swim area there. I fish more around Mt. Harbor, too. Last weekend, I only caught 1 crappie in about 2 feet of water. A big, dark male. Maybe more have moved up since then. I wish the weather would settle down, so they could figure out what they want to do.
    I think I got one...

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Guys.

Post Thanks / Like

We did a nightstalk on the end of one of the houseboat docks at Mt Harbor Sat night. It was cold but the boats were a nice wind break and we caught some heftys. Cleaned 27 tonight that were caught in 35 feet deep water fishing 10 to 20 foot deep. had 8 over 14 inches and 2 over 16 with the largest 16 3/4. All caught on minnows or rosey reds. Any other nightstalkers on that end of the lake?

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't make it to Ouachita, but I am glad to hear that some of you are wearing them out. I mention Crystal because it is where I grew up fishing. I also know that someone has dumped a lot of brush year after year around the docks. I also plan on doing some night stalking on Ouachita at the end of the month first week of may if anyone is that way would love the company.