Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rare Sighting

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Rare Sighting

This is OT, but please let it run a little before it is moved to where it belongs. Like many of us here on CDC, the outdoors and most everything that relates to it is what I pay attention to. There is no ball that holds my interest, and it's been this way since I can remember. I make my living behind the wheel, and as you can imagine it gets kinda boring at times. So being as I'm driving thru some beautiful countryside, at all hours of the day and night, I watch whatever kind of wildlife is in the fields and treelines that constantly go by. Over the years I have seen some unusual things. Bighorn Sheep feeding inside the cloverleaf on an interstate in Idaho, Bull elk feeding 50 feet off the side of the road in Utah, bear in Florida and the list goes on. This past Tuesday evening, almost dark, I was on I-265 going around Louisville, KY, when something caught my eye no more than 100 feet from the side of the road. The road was elevated, so I was looking downhill, and there was a deer walking along the edge of the trees. I know, so what. But this one had a real nice rack, with some thickness to the tines around the base. He looked about 3 or 4 from the body and rack size and I would have been proud to have him on the wall. Again , so what. Here's the kicker; This one was every bit of 75% white, a Piebald. WOOOOOHOOOO!!! This is one of the things I have always wanted to see in the wild. All of them that I have ever seen have been stuffed and have all been does. I felt like a 6 year old kid that just bagged the old man sneaking in a new bike on Christmas eve. The whole thing couldn't have taken over 4 seconds, more like 3, and he disappeared behind the passenger window post. I know some of you might have seen one in the past, but my time in the woods is limited and I had given up on ever seeing one. For me it was quite a treat, and thanks for reading the rantings that I will now close. I hope you all get to see one of these some time, they are unforgettable.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Ya need to get ya one of them dash cams or something to get pics of the critters. Them Piebalds are very cool looking ain't they!

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a chance to take a piebald doe while bow-hunting once. She was small, maybe 80 pound but so beautiful I just couldn't shot it.
    I know it was a thrill for you to see the buck. So much to see while traveling, thanks for sharing the story.Thumbs Up
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4

Post Thanks / Like

What was the mile marker where you saw it? Might have to get a KY permit. LOL
    We only sell the Best. Ranger, Xpress, Yamaha, Suzuki, Tohatsu.

Post Thanks / Like

Im jealous.
    I aint here to tell you anything. You want to know what Im doing....pm me and meet me on the lake.

Post Thanks / Like

Did you ever make it around Louisville??? With that bridge out and only the downtown bridges left and some of the ramps to it closed I'll bet it was a real struggle!!Rofl
    Sorry it's such a mess. They've been building new bridges here for 40 years but can't get the arguing settled.
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

papasage is online now Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

my soninlaw is at the knife show this weekin. he calle this morning and said there was a bridge tht cross the Ohio riverout becouse of a crack .maby he will see the deer .Attachment 0
    retired and now i will always fish

papasage is online now Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Name:  blade show table kentucky.jpg
Views: 628
Size:  24.4 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by papasage View Post
    my soninlaw is at the knife show this weekin. he calle this morning and said there was a bridge that cross the Ohio riverout becouse of a crack .maby he will see the deer .Attachment 0
    retired and now i will always fish

rnvinc is offline Crappie.com 2016 Man of the Year * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool story...

Rickie
    www.podunkideas.com <--Click here
    ------------—————
    https://www.crappie-gills-n-more.com/
    https://cornfieldfishinggear.com/

------------------------>> Pro Staff Sonar Advisor

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the sighting, I've never been lucky enough to see one.

Helicopter Pilot
    Vietnam 67/68
    Proud Member of the Southeast Asian War Games Team

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast