Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: One SMELL of a Good Time – Thanks Joedog!

keeferfish is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up One SMELL of a Good Time – Thanks Joedog!

I went fishing with our brother Joedog at Smithville last Friday and sorry to say under reported our catch. Now by no way was this meant to mislead anyone of you fine fisherman but rather a mere oversight.

My garage started smelling a little seasoned Saturday so I rolled our trash can outside, no problem, trash man comes Monday. Nope garage still smells a little funky later in the day.

Next step was to throw out my son’s hamster cage; you see we had a tainted smell earlier in the week when ol hammy decided to kick the bucket which I buried Monday. Oh yea, I got home and it was in a Tupperware bowl in my freezer. I assumed the aroma was from the death lingering in the cage….NOPE!

Last night I discovered at 10pm the smell which was now getting stronger seemed to be coming from the boat….you know were this is going. Doh Oh yea my buddy Joe forgot the two fish in the port side livewell.Doh

Round one began with me being mister tough guy, I grabbed a couple of plastic bags and was just going to dive in there and dig them bad boys out until the lid of revulsion reveled the horror lingering inside. As my breakfast, lunch and dinner entered my throat I ran out of the garage door like a school girl being chased with a grasshopper and dry heaving all the way to the street. Round two started with me hooking up the boat and pulling it into the driveway for the fresh air treatment only to find out 10 minutes later a stench that I would not wish on my worst enemy. Third and final round ended with the knock out blow using a trash bag, small dip net, bottle of Clorox and shirt pulled over my nose like some kind of outlaw. Wash, rinse and repeat for the next 25 minutes and pulled the boat back in.Hands Clapping

Thanks Joe for one SMELL of a good time! :p:o

Post Thanks / Like

Good story, thanks for the laugh and yes, you are a little girl.Rofl

Post Thanks / Like

Holly smelly, to helly with joey.......... nephew done that once in my boat, said they were 1 short at the weigh in, I found it 3 days later when I walked by the boat............ no magetts yet but darn close..............
    Last edited by olesilverside; 09-13-2011 at 04:25 PM.
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

Now man thats some funny stuff right there........I hate that it happend to you......but that is a funny story.
    Just call me......"Killswitch"....Rofl

Post Thanks / Like

Had that experience in one of the CDC's just this year. Lenny said he thought we were off one on our cull side,,,,he was right. Found it 3 days later. Thinking we disacovered a new type mass,,,part gas, part solid, part liquid.

Post Thanks / Like

lol, funny story there!
    why do today what you can put off til tomorrow, go fishing instead!!!

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol!!!! I feel for ya man. Been there!!!! No fun at all

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Whew weeee, sorry to hear that. Was it a black or white crappieRofl
    2014 Crappie Masters Mark Twain Champion
    2 time CDC Truman Lake series points champion

Post Thanks / Like

Default money

I guess I'll have to pay Joe the five bucks we bet he said he could get you Bill>Thumbs Up
    May all your live wells be full.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Default Reminds me of a dear friend...

Bobby and I tore up the fish. Seemed the two of us in a boat attracted em. We had so many record days, personal best catches, etc. together. We're at fish camp one time. It's Sunday... I figure he's going to work tomorrow. I'm helping him load everything since he came from work he has his siding install trailer, etc. I see his lunch box, get an idea. I take a mud cat, put it in his water cup and close his lunch box. Bobby's wife gets sick, he stays home, he gets the bug, he stays home, Wednesday of that week he finally goes out to get his lunch box... and pukes all over his kitchen.

Good fella... I'm still alive.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast