Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: fishing 9-14-11

Post Thanks / Like

Default fishing 9-14-11

I am going out again tomorrow for one last time before the fish fry on Sunday. I am taking a new person along that hasn't fish in quite awhile so should be a fun trip. The temps are suppose to be around 77 with light winds, so sounds like a very good day for fishing.
    Will give a report when I get back. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

I went out on the 13th instead of the 14th. It was suppose to be 77 with light winds out of the South at 5-10 mph. That is perfect weather for this lake. It started out like that but about a half hour after we got there it changed and the sun disappeared and it became overcast and the wind picked up to 10-20 and variable. We was catching as long as the sun was out but when it change so did the fishing. When the sun is shining it bunches the fish up on trees and brush, or on shady banks. When the sun goes under the clouds it lets the fish scatter all over the lake and then it is hunt and peck to catch them. We was jigging as long as the sun was out but then had to go to trolling for them. We started out using minnows but when we went to trolling I switched jigs. I started with the Creature and the black and white jig I had been having a lot of luck with but they never hit it so took the black and white body off and put a bright chartruese RR umbrella on. These were catching fish until I lost the creature on something that wasn't a crappie but hit and brokethe line right away. I went to a 1/1/8th RR peacock which is a tourquise color. They really like that one with the blade on it.
    The guy I had with me is a Deputy Sheriff and hadn't been fishing for 25 years. He said the last time he fished was with his Dad and used a Zebco 202. I handed him an open faced spinner and asked if he could use it. I gave him a crash course on it and he took to it right away. He was doing fairly well until the sun went under.
    We ended up with 20 average Crappie for the few hours we was out. The water temp was still around 76 degrees yet.
    I think I have a new fishing partner. The 2 guys I take quite abit are getting a little old for spending the whole day on the lake. One has some health issues and the other is 92 so have to watch him pretty close when it is very warm out. I like taking the 92 year old because he can take direction where the other guy wants to do what he wants to do instead of what the fish want.
    It was a very enjoyable day anyway. We could have had 2 limits but he had to leave early because he had an appointment in the early afternoon. EB

Name:  Fishing with Dave 9-13-11 001.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  33.4 KB
    Name:  Fishing with Dave 9-13-11 002.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  28.0 KB
    Name:  Fishing with Dave 9-13-11 003.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  44.9 KB
    Name:  Fishing with Dave 9-13-11 004.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  49.8 KB

Post Thanks / Like

More for the kiddee, are your stocked up for the fish fry? Good report, wtg

Post Thanks / Like

I hope I have enough for the fish fry. I should have but will have other meat there if we don't. Will have a smoked Pork Butt and always Hot Dogs and Hamburgers for the few that don't want to eat fish. Hope the weather co-operates tho. EB

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you guys had some fun AND caught some fish.Thumbs Up Congrats.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Forecast calls for rain early Sunday but drying out in the afternoon and much warm with temps in the 70's rather than the 50's.

Post Thanks / Like

That will work for me. We will set up the tents,tables and chairs Sat afternoon. I will start cooking the fish Sunday morning in the garage if I have to if it is raining. Will put the cooked fish in electric ovens to keep warm until lunch time. EB

Post Thanks / Like

Well, details, how was the fry? Did you pull the neighborhood and their cats too?