Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nolin 9/11

Post Thanks / Like

Default Nolin 9/11

Finally made it to the lake yesterday. Tough one for me, only 4 keepers (good fish though 11 to 13 inch) and 2 short fish.
    Casting jigs. The fish were very scrattered .
    They would just bump the jig and let go.
    Curious if anyone else went to Nolin this weekend and how you did.

Post Thanks / Like

Whent this past Sunday and done real well condering I never got away from seeing distance from the ramp dew to a busted fuel pump diaphragm. I wound up with 27 nice fish that was from 10-13.5in long. I cought all of my fish on minnows around the river channel on brush and one lay down. The fish are trying to change in to the fall paterrn. Most of the good fish have been deeper In the 17-22ft range and smaller fish are in the12-15ft range deppenimg on water condtions and Wichita end of the lake your on I was fishing around the briar creek area but truefully wasn't planning on it considering all of my fish the past weekend came back toward pondarosa.

Post Thanks / Like

You did very well !!
    I went Sunday as well, put in up in the river casting jigs and never caught a crappie !!
    Tons of shad in the river, but I couldn't put it together.

Post Thanks / Like

I had a good freind (pumkin head) that went yesterday and said it was super tough. I tried up the river last week and and only cought some small ones but the further up I went the deeper and better the fish and fishing was. I got my boat running now so they better look out!!!lol

Post Thanks / Like

how far up did you go? I put in at Sportsman Paridise and went down river from there.
    Lots of shad, you would think some fish and moved up. I was casting jigs and never tried minnows. The bass were biting ......
    My 13 year old son was with me and he is learning to worm fish for bass so I tried to accomadate him and I crappie fished best I could.
    Not blaming him, don't think I would have done any better if we were both chasing crappie.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm heading over to Nolin tomorrow since my musky partner bailed on me at the last minute. I plan on launching at wax and moving upriver with just me and 8 dozen minnows. Good reports are coming from the Bacon Creek area but I don't know that I will make it up quite that far.

Post Thanks / Like

Dutch, lets us know how you do.
    Good luck

Post Thanks / Like

We absolutely clobbered them today. We put in at 06:30 and took out about 6PM. Fished rock bottom on main lake between M-dier and the dam single poling with minnows 1-2 feet off of the bottom. We probably had 70 fish in the boat before 11:30 when they turned off. Kept 10 for supper tonight.I saw a few people with minnow buckets fishing wood but didn't notice much catching going on.

As an aside, the bass bite is on fire on the lake with soft plastics on the bottom. Boated a 5.3 LM when we ran out of minnows on a baby brush hog. You all had better get out before this weather pattern changes. I was hoping for an "okay' day but was blown away. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Dutch, Thanks for the report. How deep were they ?
    Give us a report if you go back, I plan to get there this coming weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

They were anywere from 18-26 FOW with a few fish deeper toward the channel edge. There were a couple of main lake points by Briar Creek where they were stacked up like cord wood. I hope the cold front blowing through tomorrow doesn't change it much because I plan on going down before daylight on Wednesday and staying until Thursday afternoon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast