Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Green River Lake, Sept 9 & 10

Post Thanks / Like

Default Green River Lake, Sept 9 & 10

Took a long time friend of mine fishing on Green River Lake yesterday and today. Friday we caught around 100 crappie with 34 keepers from 10 to 12 inches, with 2 going 13 inches. These fish were caught 13-14ft deep in 15-18 ft of water. Had a lot of fish 9 in and less. Fish were caught using lime-green and orange jigs w blue 1/8 oz heads tipped with minnows.

This morning (Saturday) we moved out to deeper water and caught at least 50 fish, keeping 14 really nice fish. These were caught 22-24 deep in 25-29 ft of water. Same color jigs as Friday's catch. And....the jigs were tipped with shiner minnows. By the way, we lost several good fish.

(I know you can keep 9 in fish on Green River, but we decided to only keep ones that measure almost 10 or better to simply see how many we could find that size. We were very pleased with the results, especially with the weather change and cooler temps we've had. I look for the fishing to really improve quickly with these nighttime temps dropping the water temp significantly.)

Indian Rocks Beach, Florida, United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Good couple of days. Congrats on your catch!
    You can't finish what you don't start