Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LOZ shallow crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Default LOZ shallow crappie

The fishing was awesome yesterday the fish were as shallow as i have ever seen them i was kicking up mud with the trolling motor and still bustin em.I kept the boat in 2 ft of water and used a 10 ft jig pole to work around log jams in the back of coves and up on flats they were mostly males but a few females bit later in the day i didnt keep track but i would guess i caught 75 fish and as a bonus i caught my first walleye guess whats for supper tonight.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Nice report Bugman!! Ya, dem 'eyes' are good eatin'. How was the tails lookin on dem males?? I'll hafta get widt ya soon ole buddy! (I been south way to long ,,,I'm starting to talk like them):D Heh! heh! Heh! <*)}}}><
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Good job there BUGMAN. Be there next Saturday hopefully those slabs will be there shallow when I get there. I need to catch me some fish. Even though I did do pretty well this weekend.
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

that is music to my ears gentlemen (and i ladies i suppose)
    "We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect"
    -Aldo Leopold

Post Thanks / Like

Bugman you've about got me ready to get sick and have to miss work this Saturday. COUGH COUGH...izzy

Post Thanks / Like

Bugman what area of LOZ did you find them so shallow?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm fishin the glaize and i'm headed out the door to try them again. chatt, glad to see your still kickin that kansas board is awful quiet the males are just starting to get their war paint on their tails are not torn up yet but it wont be long give me a holler i need an excuse to go to truman.Dave give me a yell when you get here maybe we can fish a day or two.Izzy there aint but one cure for a cough like that CRAPPIE TIME!!!!!

www.simplycrappie.com

Post Thanks / Like

We fished the Glaize Sunday, the 8th and got our limits. Caught about half on minnows and the rest on jigs, blue and white, and crawdad color sliders. Fish were on the banks just like Bugman said. We also done well on a windy secondary point, probably 1 to 4ft. There were a lot of small fish but we managed to get our 30. I would like to thank bugman for his report, it was very accurate and timely. It was cool and very windy at times but we had a great time. Thanks again..

Post Thanks / Like

Must have met you on the water that day i was there in the afternoon and you are right there were alot of little ones biting that day seemed like you had to wade through 10 to get a keeper.Did you try any of the stickups in the real shallow water on the flats?i caught a few there but not like it was before the cold front,they should be back on now.Any time you're planning on fishing the glaize give me a shout i'll let you know what i can,i'm usually down there a couple days a week and usually have a fisherman or two call me every night to rub it in if i couldnt fish that day so i usually know whats goin on with the fish.

www.simplycrappie.com

Post Thanks / Like

I put in at the Fort Wood access off the gravel bar. Fished a couple coves around that area. I'm in a jon boat with a Yamaha jet, easy to spot. I usually don"t go too far because of my small boat and I'm a little parinoid about going out and playing with the big boys. Will be going to Truman next week for a few days probably fishing out of long shoal or maybe bucksaw. I'll be back that way week after that hopefully. What kinda boat are you in? I'll holler if I see you. I'm off through the week some, also...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast