Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Not so good a day.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Not so good a day.

Up at 4:30 to pick up 85 year old uncle up. On the road at 5:10 for a hour drive up to Mozingo. Five minutes from lake realized I lift the fancy minnow bucket home (no problem, I'll buy another cheap one to last the day). Get to the bait shop (only one within 50 miles), and there's the sign. CLOSED ON TUESDAYS ONLY, STARTING SEPTEMBER 6TH. Been up there before without minnows. Uncles not a happy camper without minnows. Drove the 10 miles back into town and went to Walmart at 6 am looking for help. Ended up with 2 bags of freeze dried minnows. Word for the wise, THEY DON'T WORK FOR CRAPPIE. Got back to the lake and up and rollin about 7:10. Motor fired up fine, trollin motor worked, Depth finders and live well DON'T. Screwed around with that for ten min. and finally said heck with it. I know the lake well enough that I don't need them anyway. Been dippin timber 35' of water and fish are 20' deep. He tried one of the dried up minners and I fished a jig. I caught a half a dozen, all about 8". All he caught was a dozen limbs. Bad part was a couple tied up about 50' from us and were pullin 2 at a time in about every minute (on minners). Finally got tired of watchin them catch fish and went to the dam to troll for some Walleye. No good there either. He said you want to go back to St. Joe and get some real minners and go to Smithville. Remember he's 85 years old and it's already almost noon. Sure hope I can do this 20 years from now!!! I said NO, I'm done for the day. Well, were leaving again in the morning at 5:10. Give you a real report tomorrow night.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    Always shoot for the moon, if you miss you'll still be among the stars.

Post Thanks / Like

Well Hunter still better than most of us. Still working.
    RHill KCNorth

Post Thanks / Like

Those old dudes are impressive. Got a client/friend that is 83. Wrecked his motorcycle at the state fair this year. He's already bought another, brace on wrist and all. They don't know the word quit... they have limited days and pack it in tight.

I love my job. 650 clients 65 years and older.

Post Thanks / Like

outstanding report on an outstanding day, never seen the word hearst once.

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck to you tomorrow, i hope i can go like that when im that age.