Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stockton on Monday

Post Thanks / Like

Default Stockton on Monday

Fished out of Cedar today and it was a bear. We fished trees that you could see and trees you couldn't see. Fished beds in 12-20ft of water and fought the NW wind all morning long. NW wind is about the worst wind you can have out of cedar except maybe a straight hard west wind. Anyway we struck out pretty bad on trees and beds were very slow for the most part. We fished from 6:30-10:30 and had 21, but all but 5 of those came off two beds in 13-15ft of water. All and all not a bad trip but hard fought for sure. Fish quality was very poor as only 1 fish went over 11in. I hadn't planned on going today but a buddy talked me into to it and there were plenty of holiday anglers out.

When we came in there were not one but two different guys that backed down to the water and spent about 10min messing with their boat before launching. That is fine dead of winter but when there is a line putting in and taking out you would think folks could figure out that a lot of that should be done before you back down. I'm talking about taking straps off, cover off the motor and just messing around. Yes, I know thats why I usually never go on a holiday. I expected the frustration. HA.
    Fish like your hungry!

Post Thanks / Like

nice report , I bet the wind was a real deal today, blowing pretty hard down here.

and yes on the not so updated on how to launch a boat in a timely fashion,,, but that how it goes, sure hope the fish cooperate wed. see ya later.

Post Thanks / Like

that is about as bad as pulling a boat out and stoping at the top of a ramp and wiping you boat down and putting your gear away and not leaving enough room for the guys or gals that are trying to launch and not having enough room to swing around and head down the ramp... glad it is getting colder,, just the fisherman will be out befor long. i had a guy swing around me cut in line back down the ramp and then unstrap his boat. ready for fall and colder temps...

Post Thanks / Like

Default stk mon

Tried to get up lil sac from aldrich with 17ft boat went to far to the right past the ole rail bridge. may try staying a lil more left tomorrow. Pluged up the water pump made it a short trip. Got home flushed motor out ever thing working fine. Anyone else been up that way with low water. Ive been through it before in low water,just missed the sweet spot. Lucky i saw it was not pumping water. Short day. If you try it part of it has changed at the skinny part. BE SAFE

Post Thanks / Like

We need to get some stickers made up or at least citation slips we could fill out to give these idiots. Saturday we tried to recover at Bucksaw. A dad/mom/two kids and one jet ski pulled head long after getting the thing back on the trailer right in front of the line trying to launch, stopped, and proceeded to pass out gatorade, strap down, wipe down, and change into dry clothes. I thought the guy next in line was going to pop an artery.

Congratulations, you have been enrolled into the "IAB", Idiots At Boatramps.
    Violation code: 3

Violations:
    1. Breaking line for boat launch/recovery
    2. Excessive time at courtesy dock blocking fellow boaters.
    3. Failure to get boat ready to launch before backing down to the water.
    4. Taking up excessive space while launching/recovering.
    5. After recovery you parked in a manner blocking other's access to the ramp.
    6. After launch you parked your vehical/trailer in a manner blocking others.
    7. The lady in your boat is ugly.
    8. Your boat is ugly.
    9. Use of temper or bad language towards the person driving the boat or vehical.
    10. The female in your boat was so hot it caused distraction and danger to other boater's efforts.

Post Thanks / Like

don't forget if you have a small dog with a life vest

Post Thanks / Like

only need one sign, be nice

Post Thanks / Like

I may be the old man and forgot where I was and why I was there, be nice

Post Thanks / Like

yes but you always have refreshments and are always willing to share!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Note, I didn't include any comments about the elderly. Needing more time due to age is an obvious exception.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast