Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Grand Bayou Fishing Trip

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Grand Bayou Fishing Trip

Myself & my fishing partner........Labill & his fishing partner Dave went to Grand Bayou today.We have been hearing and reading about all the Crappie that Tommy has been catching on Grand Bayou, so we tried to find some of the culls that tommy threw back enroute to a successful fishing day. We were on a combination fishing trip and a trial run on mine and Daves new Aqua-Vu cameras we recently purchased. The good part of owning this camera is there is some very interesting things to see down below. The bad part is it takes away most of your days fishing, by watching the camera screen and not your rod tip. Three different times I was watching the screen and fish and the brush below and looked up only to see my rod tip bending down and as you guessed it missed the fish. You need to a non-fisherman with you just to operate the camera to tell you there is fish down below that have lock-jaw that you can not catch. Just kidding we had a great time and besides the high winds I managed to find 5 Crappie that committed suicide by running into my hook. I had one to go 14 1/2 in.-one 13 1/2 in.-& 12 1/2 in. My partner's catch was zero, and him being a die hard jig fisherman refused to use minnows. I'll let Labill tell you about his experience on this lock-jaw day. Jerry Blake will like this comment as the Rosey Reds became victorious over the jig fishermen today. Don't get me wrong as I am a die hard jig fisherman myself (I tie my own jigs) and I tried jigs but no luck. I was the only one to bring shinners. Do you realize what those Rosey Reds were worth out on the lake this day. Tommy I got to believe the weather changing was the reason we didn't do nowhere as good as you did. All in all we had good fun and fellowship and it sure beats the old grind of going to work today.
    R & R
    "Just one more drop of my Jig"

Post Thanks / Like

Hey R & R,

After installing a new oil pump on my boat I headed out the back door and found a hole where they were trying to get in the boat. The bit was soft to say the least, but Ole Addie girl and I managed to boat a limit. I did a lot of research with my cam yesterday morning also and did film a few in the cam. I will try and post the movie clips on brad board. I will post the 50 in the ice chest for sure. Hate you guys didn't wear them out yesterday. I caught most of the fish that I caught on a jig tipped with crappie nibbles. Caught very few on shinners.
    Last edited by Tommy; 11-09-2004 at 07:42 AM.
    Hold My beer and watch this sheeet!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I couldn't get the JPEG to upload to the brag board so I am going to upload it to yahoo pics and create a link here...............So saeth my wife......LOL We''ll see!!!
    Hold My beer and watch this sheeet!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy
    Hey R & R,

After installing a new oil pump on my boat I headed out the back door and found a hole where they were trying to get in the boat. The bit was soft to say the least, but Ole Addie girl and I managed to boat a limit. I did a lot of research with my cam yesterday morning also and did film a few in the cam. I will try and post the movie clips on brad board. I will post the 50 in the ice chest for sure. Hate you guys didn't wear them out yesterday. I caught most of the fish that I caught on a jig tipped with crappie nibbles. Caught very few on shinners.

Now Tommy, the way I look at this is poor Ole Addie Girl needs someone to keep her company while you are ignoring her by catching all those Crappie. So therefore I am offering my services of dog-sitting for you in the back of your boat the next time you go fishing. I can only go fishing on any day that ends in "Y". Great day of fishing you had (I believe Labill said you got them on Caney). By the way I'll make you a good cameraman. Later and awaiting for my phone to ring.

R & R
    "Just one more drop of my Jig"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Grand Bayou fishing trip.....Fatboy!

Quote Originally Posted by Rod & Reel
    Myself & my fishing partner........Labill & his fishing partner Dave went to Grand Bayou today.We have been hearing and reading about all the Crappie that Tommy has been catching on Grand Bayou, so we tried to find some of the culls that tommy threw back enroute to a successful fishing day. We were on a combination fishing trip and a trial run on mine and Daves new Aqua-Vu cameras we recently purchased. The good part of owning this camera is there is some very interesting things to see down below. The bad part is it takes away most of your days fishing, by watching the camera screen and not your rod tip. Three different times I was watching the screen and fish and the brush below and looked up only to see my rod tip bending down and as you guessed it missed the fish. You need to a non-fisherman with you just to operate the camera to tell you there is fish down below that have lock-jaw that you can not catch. Just kidding we had a great time and besides the high winds I managed to find 5 Crappie that committed suicide by running into my hook. I had one to go 14 1/2 in.-one 13 1/2 in.-& 12 1/2 in. My partner's catch was zero, and him being a die hard jig fisherman refused to use minnows. I'll let Labill tell you about his experience on this lock-jaw day. Jerry Blake will like this comment as the Rosey Reds became victorious over the jig fishermen today. Don't get me wrong as I am a die hard jig fisherman myself (I tie my own jigs) and I tried jigs but no luck. I was the only one to bring shinners. Do you realize what those Rosey Reds were worth out on the lake this day. Tommy I got to believe the weather changing was the reason we didn't do nowhere as good as you did. All in all we had good fun and fellowship and it sure beats the old grind of going to work today.
    R & R
    Well, R & R was too much of a gentleman to take us to task in skunking all of us yesterday. We're all hard line jig fishermen, but he was the only one to look far enough ahead to plan for contingentcies(sp?). Truth is, he took us to crappie school on Grand Bayou and taught us a very valuable lesson: Be open minded! We all spent too much time gazing at crappie as deep as 20 feet, and I was amazed to see fish curiously investigating the cam. Stirring up the silt and sand on bottom almost always called them up to take a look. I even saw some of them feeding on something small and dark scooting around on bottom. Never could get close enough to identify what it was. Bottom line was minnows 5, and jigs 0. Thanks for the lessons, R & R. I will be looking at minnows in a different way, and I think in cooler weather I will be using my livewell as my minnow bucket. Look out, Rosies!

Fatboy, if you read this, be sure you call crappieseeker's attention to this post. :D I think he will either put me on his "ignore" list or else get a good chuckle out of it..... I know he has a good sense of humor, so I'm betting on the latter.