Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BCC Tourneys?

Post Thanks / Like

Default BCC Tourneys?

Anyone know what's going on with the BCC circuit? The website hasn't been updated in months. Any concerns that the Delaware and BCC Championship tourneys are in danger of not being held?

Post Thanks / Like

Someone needs to help Jeff run the BCC or imo it won't be around next year. Russ is no longer running it like he was. I hate to see it go away, but something needs to change. The website updating and spam is terrible.

Post Thanks / Like

It sure ain't what it was. When I fished it a few years ago, I was impressed with the professionalism, payouts, and the people who fished it. I recommended it as one of the better circuits. The people are still great, but the rest of it has gone down hill.

Post Thanks / Like

jmk I think Frank just called you greatHands Clapping

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jmk112 View Post
    Someone needs to help Jeff run the BCC or imo it won't be around next year. Russ is no longer running it like he was. I hate to see it go away, but something needs to change. The website updating and spam is terrible.
    it was the best game in town for a short time, and it could be on top again today, it would take a lot of work and less profiling, look whats happening to cusa with all the diff changes, it would have been a good move to have a vote before all the diff took place, i talked to a lot of teams that were crossing over from cusa to bcc untill the saw the slow down and spam on site, it would be great to see these two circuits on top of the crappie game. I think some time the guys that run the circuits forget its not about what they or the club wants its about the fishing, and most of all its about what the fisherman...
    J.I.L. <*)}}}><

Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys I would really like to know what went wrong? This could help us Indiana Slab Masters from making the same mistakes as I want to see our club continue to be as successful as it has been this first season.

Thanks
    Tom Hankins

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yates View Post
    it was the best game in town for a short time, and it could be on top again today, it would take a lot of work and less profiling, look whats happening to cusa with all the diff changes, it would have been a good move to have a vote before all the diff took place, i talked to a lot of teams that were crossing over from cusa to bcc untill the saw the slow down and spam on site, it would be great to see these two circuits on top of the crappie game. I think some time the guys that run the circuits forget its not about what they or the club wants its about the fishing, and most of all its about what the fisherman...
    Eventually, isn't always about the money?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiemax View Post
    you sound like the government .......

-ROMANS 10:9- PHILIPPIANS 4:13

Post Thanks / Like

I say we get a group of ohio guys together get with jeff to rebuild the circuit. Get with indiana slab masters to design the club and circuit after their structure. Ohio slab masters and bring the two states together for the classic! Of course with approval from indiana slab masters and jeff. Just a thought... ought...
    Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiemax View Post
    Absolutely not!! There are folks who fish these circuits that NEVER win. I know I didn't do it for the money; even if you do win one (Starvin and I won one in each of the years we fished, were in the money both championships), you might break even on the entry fees plus hotel; forget about covering gas and other costs.

Larry's right, it's about the fishing and the fellowship. New lakes, new ways of doing things. One of the reasons I stopped fishing the Boars Head tournaments was because after 5-6 year of doing them, I got tired of spending so much time on the same lake. That said, I also want a degree of professionalism and recognition when you do well. For example, for our wins at Indian and Buckeye, Starvin' and I received plaques, and they used to give out a jacket patch that said "Indian Lake Champions" with the year. That didn't carry over to other lakes. They used to post all the results WITH the weights. The last few years, they always miss a few, usually the last tournament of the year, and getting the weights is hit or miss. They used to claim they would try to film parts of the championship--never saw it.

Ran into a sponsor a few years ago at Salt Fork--apparently, Jeff promised him he would get a chance to post pictures of big fish and that folks would come back to his bait/tackle shop for photos, etc. Never happened, and he was really mad. Told Jeff about it, don't know if anything ever happened. Salt Fork is now off the circuit, even though that sponsor made it one of the bigger payouts. Wonder if he withdrew?

JMK IS a good guy--when he's not fishing a tournament

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast