Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Truman Saturday Night

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Truman Saturday Night

Went to Truman saturday night, fished out of Osage bluff on river channel
    on pole timber, Fish were biting real slow, bugs were biting real fast.
    35 feet of water, 15 ft. down, minnows, tried several things that had worked
    in the past, but it was one here one there, finally got limit. bugs were really
    bad, was going to fish in dark of light for w/bass, but the bugs won. gonnna
    have to bite the bullet and buy one of those bug things you hang on your belt.
    for some reason I thought the bugs would disappear, they didnt. used white submergable
    light, may try green this weekend. Anybody catching catfish on any bait besides
    shad? still can't throw the net. Practiced saturday afternoon, first three throws in the
    yard were perfect, congratulated myself on my natural ability, next ten didn't even come
    close to opening up, got hot, hit the air conditioning.

John B.

Post Thanks / Like

glad you had luck. we were fishing out of talley bend. caught some fish right off of the bat and was feeling pretty good and then the gates closed and the back current was there and the fish stopped biting all together. we fished for another hour and didn't get another bite at all.
    What happens on the lake... makes for good stories at least

Post Thanks / Like

Nice going John, hate them bugs, and the casting net, it takes practice, just keep at it you will get it