Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help Needed!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Help Needed!!!

I have a rod that was given to me by my dear friend Ronnie(I am sure many of you knew him) and I try to always use it. I broke the tip afew days ago while catching crappie out of Bucksaw. The rod is a Southern Pro,Carolina Crappie Stick, 10', two piece. If anyone can help me find areplacement tip, I would truly appreciate it.

Post Thanks / Like

I have replaced tips before. Walmart and others sale a kit with 4-5 tips and glue.
    Look for one of the kits and see if one of the tips will work.

Post Thanks / Like

I broke the top six or seven inches off and need to replace the entire upper section

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure but you might ask Kevin Rogers. Kevin is Jigging Tournaments on here. He and his dad used to be on the Pro Staff for Southern Pro. They may have an old
    rod or tip section laying around still.
    There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home.

Post Thanks / Like

Might check Grizzly Jig Co...Check on line or call them ..great bunch of folks there.

Post Thanks / Like

x2

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, I called Griz before when I broke a favored rod. Told him the details on the rod, he shipped me a replacement top section that worked great. Caught a limit on it today.

Post Thanks / Like

We have a Southern Pro 10 ft. rod and several years ago we broke the tip. There are alot of different locations including Bass Pro Shop which sell end or top sections for B&M rods. That B&M section did fit my Southern Pro rod. The tip sections normally sell for $12 - $15. You might try that.

Post Thanks / Like

Everharts in Clinton has a stock of tips also, might stop by and see if one fits.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brobrash View Post
    Everharts in Clinton has a stock of tips also, might stop by and see if one fits.
    They told me that they keep the upper section for Outlaw jig poles. So, that might work for you. I think they sell them for 15 bucks.
    "I come from a state that raises corn, cotton, cockleburs and Democrats. Frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me."- Willard Duncan Vandiver

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast