Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about B&M rods.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Question about B&M rods.

I posed this question directly to B&M, but they couldn't really answer it since they said they aren't familiar with the Huckabee rods (though I bet someone at B&M is), so I am hoping someone on here can.

I am very fond of the Huckabee Quantum Xtralite XT crappie rods (which are no longer made) for the applications I use them, namely slow trolling with rod in hand and dipping timber/brush. I use the 10' "Meat Dragger" and the 11' "Pullin' Rod".

My question is, does B&M make a rod that is comparable in sensitivity, backbone and physical weight? If so, which one(s)?

Thanks.
    "We're all very different people. We're not Watusi, we're not Spartans, we're Americans. With a capital "A", huh? And you know what that means? Do you? That means that our forefathers were kicked out of every decent country in the world."
    John Winger

Post Thanks / Like

not sure about the pullin rod but there is nothing in their line or anyone elses that compares to the meat dragger, crappie maxx tightline maybe the closest, that thing is a pool cue, there are probably still a few around for sale though.
    I clever quip fishing ironic statement crappie!

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

For the application that you speak of, I reccomend a B'n'M Sam Heaton rod for sensitivity and if you want a little more backbone then the B'n'M Brushcutter.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by "G" View Post
    For the application that you speak of, I reccomend a B'n'M Sam Heaton rod for sensitivity and if you want a little more backbone then the B'n'M Brushcutter.
    That's what I was thinking, the Brush cutter would be as close as you could get with a B n M. I think the Huckabee rods are M or MH aren't they.
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

The B'n'M Capps and Coleman trolling rods would also be good.....they are specifically designed for slow trolling as well as spider rigging. They have a lot of back bone and yet are still sensitive.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

sam heaton strong,sensetive,and tough as nails, my number one dipping rod, 7ft. and 10 ft. I like em

Post Thanks / Like

BRUSHCUTTERS are great for Longlining which would be a pulling rod. I would label them a Medium with Moderate action. There is 1 bad thing about BrushCutters they only come in 10', 11' and 12' lengths. I wish they made 8' 14' and 16'. I would buy 2 of each if they made them.
    I aint here to tell you anything. You want to know what Im doing....pm me and meet me on the lake.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beagle man View Post
    sam heaton strong,sensetive,and tough as nails, my number one dipping rod, 7ft. and 10 ft. I like em
    Although my 12" Sam Heaton Super Sensitive is one of my overall, Favorite rods to fish with. I don't think I could say that they are "tough as nails". They are very Sensetive no doubt. So Sensetive, I'm on my 3rd one in the last 5 years. I just can't see not having one in my boat.
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replies. I had a SH 11', very sensitive indeed, but not heavy enough action for my taste.
    "We're all very different people. We're not Watusi, we're not Spartans, we're Americans. With a capital "A", huh? And you know what that means? Do you? That means that our forefathers were kicked out of every decent country in the world."
    John Winger

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PIGINTHEPIGPEN View Post
    Although my 12" Sam Heaton Super Sensitive is one of my overall, Favorite rods to fish with. I don't think I could say that they are "tough as nails". They are very Sensetive no doubt. So Sensetive, I'm on my 3rd one in the last 5 years. I just can't see not having one in my boat.
    Would agree, I love my SH, but I have had 3, while probably mostly my fault, its a light weight, sensative rod, nothing like the Brush cutter.
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast