Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: A serious question about spider-rigging rods

Post Thanks / Like

Default A serious question about spider-rigging rods

You can look at the more detailed post I placed on the main crappie fishing forum, but I'm trying to find out if anyone has used one of the Whitey Outlaw Sante Elite rods (12 or 14 ft) for spider-rigging. I said on my other post that is a question for serious slow trollers (spider-riggers)....but honestly, I'd be glad to hear from anyone who has "trolled" with one of those particular rods. I've spider-rigged for years with Wally Marshalls (12 and 14 ft) and now own a set of BnM Pro Trollers 12 ft. I've even tried the CrappieMaxx rods from BPS...and all those rods...while good rods, have some problems. The WMs are too brittle and break easily, forcing us in tournament fishing to apply tape to about one foot of the tip ends for strengthening. The BnMs are light weight and easy to handle, but lack the strength of the WMs (sorry Bnm but it's true). And the CrappieMaxx rods are pretty much identical to the WM rods. I was in BPS the other day and compared the Crappie Maxx, BnM Pro Troller and Sante Elite rods (in the 12 ft length) side by side.....and I have to say I was really impressed with the backbone of the Sante Elite. So...I'm trying to find out if anyone has had any experience with the Sante Elite rods for spider-rigging. In that simple test, at least, I must say it seemed to be much more rod than the other two. Just trying to find out more about the rods before investing the significant money it will take for them.

Post Thanks / Like

I've never held one, sorry I can't be of any help. I use the Pro Series Trolling rods and really don't have any complaints out of them.