Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First time on Truman

Post Thanks / Like

Default First time on Truman

Well fished Truman for the fist time this past week we fished out of windsor crossing. Caught a lot of fish and had a great time with Little brother and my nephew. But......anyone know where to take a prop for repair........Who would have thought a stump would be in the middle of the channel. Man i have never seen a lake with more stumps, good thing i was at idle (Beagle warned me). Its not too bad just a little bent, but need to get it fixed. Had a big ol Fish fry friday night so that softend the sting a bit. My Report..... Fished in 14-18 ft of water, fish were in the 10 ft depth. Rootbeer and chartruse or red and chartruse slab busters on Buzzy's jigs. caught a limit every morning out. I would also like to say that the camp ground and boat ramp there were very nice and very well kept.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear about the prop. But that is what makes Truman so god, all those stumps and trees and cedar tops, lol. Yes you have to take it easy sometimes even close to the edges of the channels are full of stumps. The water is just a tad under normal pool right now. So knowing the exact location of the channel is a must if you are moving along with any kind of speed at all. If unsure, take it slow.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad u all had a good time.We were at Bucksaw over the weekend and like u i have never seen so mant trees and stumps in my life.A lot different than Stockton.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes it is Arky..... but i still luv that stockton, only lake i have ever been on i like as much was down on Millwood in Arkansas.

Post Thanks / Like

Lake Millwood? Now your talking my neck of the woods, lol. I am from Arkansas born and raised! But somehow I got a job here in MO. Go figure. Good fishing on Truman though, I have not been to Stockton yet. I am still a newbie here for the most part, I just fell in love with Truman not just the crappie but for bass as well, I love TREES!

Post Thanks / Like

Bigbill,Fin&feather on South Campbell in Springfield has a sign in their window that says Prop Straightning.Forgot to mention it on last post.Hope that helps.

Post Thanks / Like

Truman reminds me a lot of Millwood, but on millwood you know that there is nothing in the channels lol. truman is full of little suprises as i found out. Its all good. Thanks arky, i called up the marina north of pittsburg in arma, they send them out with a 5 day turn around. I will buy a new one and send the bent one out for repairs and use it as a spare.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report and glad you had enough for a fish fry at least. If your out and about on Truman watch some of the stumps sticking out of the water and you will find a spare blade or two.

Post Thanks / Like

Bigbill, the lake is crazy low right now. So not a great time for someone that has never been on Truman Lake.

PS: Millwood is the best tree dipping lake I have ever been to, don't tell anyone.....
    Kevin Rogers-

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jigging Tournaments View Post
    Bigbill, the lake is crazy low right now. So not a great time for someone that has never been on Truman Lake.

PS: Millwood is the best tree dipping lake I have ever been to, don't tell anyone.....
    I agree with you on that. I am not a veteran on the lake but I have been enough to know you cant go all out unless you know exactly where the main channel is. I am always cautious anyways, and if it takes me a few more minutes to get where I am going I can live with that versus putting a whole in the boat or crushing the lower unit. I have been fishing up there and watch bass tournament guys just fly through the corners and around points and also visible stumps and trees, but if you watch them enough you also see the channel the real channel as a 30,000 + boat owner most likely isnt going to run the chance of hitting something at the speeds they are traveling.

Just a tip, watch the other guys and the path they take, make a note of it on a map or in your GPS if you have one. That is the easiest and safest way I know of plotting out the channels. Unless you have someone in the boat with you that knows it very well as well and can walk you through it a few times.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast