Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Glen update for Wed and Thur

Post Thanks / Like

Default Glen update for Wed and Thur

It's a minnow bite!! I tried jigs for half a day with just a tic a couple times. Chatt was filling the ice chest using his 'minners'. Finally contributed some fish after tipping the jigs with a minnow. We hit a lot of places and eliminated most of them but if we had stayed on our best spot, probably could have put 50 on ice. For both days most of the fish were caught 12 to 18 ft in or around brush. Kentucky rigs are the most effective but jig head with a minnow will work. Have to check your minnows periodically because they were not hitting dead ones. Ended up cleaning about 18 on Wed and when I left today at 3 p.m., the 2 boats probably had 20-25.
    Sure like that umbrella on Chatt's boat..."you can fish in the shade...and have it made"Thumbs Up

Post Thanks / Like

I think we ended up with around 35 with a real good catfish. Should be good all weekend

Post Thanks / Like

Default glen

I was at Glen today also. I was off the beaten path looking for walleyes. Don't over look the river channels. Caught several nice crappie chasing w's. I may be back Saturday morning. I have another engagement I have to attend Sat. afternoon and evening. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Good job guys!If someone could post any pics over the weekend it would be great.Just don't be near Chatt when he catches a carp,not a pretty site.Have a great time!Dang I miss going to the corner bar for dinner.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by geeb View Post
    I was at Glen today also. I was off the beaten path looking for walleyes. Don't over look the river channels. Caught several nice crappie chasing w's. I may be back Saturday morning. I have another engagement I have to attend Sat. afternoon and evening. Good luck.
    Nice to hear from ya Geeb! When did they stock walleyes in the Glen?Rofl Hope to see ya Sat.