Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bucksaw fishing - discouraged

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bucksaw fishing - discouraged

Hello guys -

I've only been crappie fishing for about a year and a half.

I went to Bucksaw 3 days this past week... we fished the flats, 15 - 18 ft of water. Used minnows on a jighead, slab busters... (basically what I hear people are fishing on) and I just don't have much luck.

I THINK I'm a pretty decent fisherman, and at Mark Twain I do much better. What do you think I'm doing wrong at Truman?

Thanks
    "I come from a state that raises corn, cotton, cockleburs and Democrats. Frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me."- Willard Duncan Vandiver

Post Thanks / Like

it's hard to say,just don't give up.the 1st few times I fished that area of the lake I struggled but am learning alittle more each time I go up there.I like the south section of Truman and it's closer to home.But the same areas that I catch a limit most of the time ,I hear people say they can't get a bite.try fishing different next time.if you are fishing shallow,go deeper or visa-versa.if you are casting,try jigging straight up and down.a old man once said if you keep doing the same thing over and over,don't expect a different result so if what you are doing doesent work try something else.Good Luck to ya

Post Thanks / Like

If you want to meet at Bucksaw some morning I'll be glad to take you out to a few places I like to fish. I'm no great fisherman but I can usually manage a fish or two.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Take Bob up on his offer. He can show you some areas and techniques that will work in the Bucksaw area. Plus you will have a great time for sure. I would fish Truman like you fish Twain and think the same would apply here. Don't be afraid to fish out of the box. Like real shallow in the summer can be great also outside tree rows along deeper water or the channel can be great for numbers. If you want to learn a lot in a short time take Bob or someone else that fishes Truman a lot up on a trip on the water. Like Bob said he has been known to catch one or two fish from time to time. Like everytime.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree, try something different. I'm on my third year of fishing and fishing at Bucksaw and recently managed a limit for the first time. There have been many times when I came back with 2 or 3 fish. Now that the bite has slowed down, i'll probably be back to 2 or 3 fish again but It sure is peaceful being on the water early in the morning when it's calm.

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

There ya go. Bwillaub is on of the best on the lake IMHO. You should take him up on that offer. He will put you on some fish!!!!

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bwillaub View Post
    If you want to meet at Bucksaw some morning I'll be glad to take you out to a few places I like to fish. I'm no great fisherman but I can usually manage a fish or two.
    I would appreciate that very much.

I'll message you.
    "I come from a state that raises corn, cotton, cockleburs and Democrats. Frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me."- Willard Duncan Vandiver

Post Thanks / Like

X14, Bwillaub will put you on some fish, and give you sound advice.

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck to you keyser. I have never been fishing with bwillaub personally, but I have never seen the man post a bad day of fishing. He gave me some tips a couple of weeks ago that allowed me and a buddy to go out and catch a nice mess of fish. I would surely take him up on his offer.
    "They call me The Crappie Menace."

Post Thanks / Like

If what you are doing is not working, stop and change location, presentation, bait etc. But some days nothing works. But those days are rare. Now is the best time of the year to fish, fish are predictable and the pattern is established, weather has little effect on the fish. Keep after them!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast