Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to this crappie fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Default New to this crappie fishing

Hi, i just got started on the crappie fishing thing, need help,i fish the grand river arm of truman lake for Blue cats. I want to be better at catching crappie there,How deep should i fish and should i use jigs or minnows,my depth finder shows suspended fish at 12 to 18 feet down tried drifting through those schools of fish with minnows no bites, should i fish the timber more? Any help would be welcomed!!!!

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the board. I only fish Truman a couple of times a year and am not much help. However, there are plenty of folks here who I consider experts and will be happy to help.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

welcome to the site, we been catching a few arround timber on minnows, dropping minnow close to tree 8 to 10 ft down, but I am a rookie on truman, but I have fished with a few of the regulars from there maby they will chime in hope so, I too like information

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome. I only fish timber on Truman, unless it's spawn time. I know Jigging15 and some others do some spider rigging on Truman, so they can give you some info there.

I'd say move into the timber and work down in depth, or start low and work up, once you start getting hits, you'll know you're in the right depth.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome! I've never fished Truman so I can't help you. Like beagle and Speck said there are plenty on here that do fish Truman and will probably point you in the right direction.

Post Thanks / Like

The only little bit of advice I might add is that a guide told me that you will rarely catch fish on Truman below 10' because of the thermocline. Try breaklines during low light and then move into the timber edges when the sun is up.

Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the board. There are plenty of Truman regulars here that can help you get started.

Post Thanks / Like

Summer time= timber timber timber! 10 ft jig pole and jig or minnow! Hit as many trees as u can and if they are there they ll hit if not keep moving!

Bob # 1 is offline Moderator Fisherman's Memorial Forum * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Indiana
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Testimonials
    Night fishing tips 101
    Temperature Guide Crappie

Fishing lights

Post Thanks / Like

welcome to the mo board from washington, mo! if you tell us how you catch blues & we'll tell you how to find some slabs! Lol! Just kidding, Lewis. read up on trolling crankbaits around bluffs. it's the only way I have ever fished truman,( which ain't too much) but it seems to work most every time. it's a fast way to find some fish, too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast