Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Night fishing at Green?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Night fishing at Green?

Does anyone ever do any night fishing at Green under the lights? I went a few years ago with a buddy who has sense past, caught more fish in one trip than I ever have in my life!! We put in at Holmes bend and went right and fished just before you get to the bridge. He told me we was fishing a hump underneath some floating lights? I've been back once sense he past with no luck. Not sure exactly what to look for? Fish on top of the hump? Beside it? I was oblivously doing something wrong or fishing the wrong spot. I would love to start fishing at night but just looking for some advice on how to fish, where to fish (humps-flats-drop offs-deep water), and how exactly to fish with lights? I know there is some experienced guys on here and would appreciate any info. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Went down last Thurs. caught 75 got 20 keepers. went home at 1 am fish still hitting.Put in at Holms Bend.

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Night fishing is a lot of fun.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Would like to find some bigger fish .Found a hump out by a flat that drops into 35 ft may try it next trip.

Post Thanks / Like

I know there's guys who kill them at night but I've struggled too. Makes it hard to keep trying when you keep coming up empty. You might go to the top of the page on the right and enter Night fishing in search engine. You should get a ton of info there.

Post Thanks / Like

Default fishing under lights

It seems to me that you do better fishing in low moon conditions. The light doesnt seem to draw the shad as well when theres a bright moon. it also may help to try to locate shad before anchoring to put youre lights out. Its easier to keep the shad there than to draw em in, and the fish are with the shad.