Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: surprise today!

Post Thanks / Like

Default surprise today!

Today I was fishing on a nearby lake, from the bank, and it was very slow and windy. I had caught 8 crappie this morning and 4 this afternoon. Well it was windy and my floaters were wobbling in the wind. I had been watching them for about 5 min or so since casting out when my floater started to move sideways. I watched carefully and then decided to gently set the hook. Well to my surprise I was into one heck of a fight. I knew right off it wasn't a crappie. It started rolling like a catfish...but what a fight on crappie gear. To finish the story I finally reeled in a 10lb drum! I have never caught a drum before, so I just snapped a picture with it and let her go. What a crazy catch though.
    kycrappie

Post Thanks / Like

I am from South Carolina, to my knowlage we dont even have Drum here !! BUT A few years ago we were Fishing a Tournament on Wheeler Lake In Alabama & was down on the lower end of the lake & I caught one ! Boy WHAT A FIGHT !!! LOL We HAD NO IDEA what it was either ,,, We have a Marine Radio & I got on it & called some Buddys that had been on the Lake before & asked them what they thought it might be & they knew right off it was a Drum, I wish I had my Camara with me Cuz I havent seen one since !!

Congrats on the Excitment today !!

SSCHEEREN3237 Guest

Default secret about fresh water drum!

little secret not many people know,

Drum start pre spawning in Feb. and move into the piers. You can fish the lights on lake Jordan at night in early Feb. and catch 3 to 4 drum under every light you come across. The drum will range from 5 to 25 lbs. this is a very fun trip to make.