Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rate LOZ

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rate LOZ

Although I havent had the chance to fish it. Ive seen it many times and read about it here. How would those of you rate it with other Missouri waters for crappie? It sound like its a pretty good lake. I know I was down there not long aga on an unrelated trip and saw about 24024 boat slips that looked pretty inviting for a jig tossed under them. What would be a big fish on this lake? 1 1/2 pounds? 2 pounds? Just thought Id pick some brains.

Post Thanks / Like

As far as numbers of decent size fish it would be hard to beat and yes all those boat slips do hold fish especially in the summer and winter.I catch alot of fish in the 1lb to 1 1/2 lb range but have only caught one over two pounds and i have fished this lake for years,i'm not saying there's not bigger fish here but there not here in big numbers i seen a picture of a 3.6 that came from here last fall.This lake is definatly worth fishing if you like to catch numbers of 9 to 13 inch fish some days when you get on them 50 plus fish is not out of the question,give it a shot i'm sure you wont be dissapointed.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

concur with bugman! one of the better crappie lakes in missouri the last two years!

Post Thanks / Like

Thats what i thought when i saw it...i just felt it had to be a great place to catch them. Its a huge lake though. Would you prefer one section to another or are the fish caught all over? Im assuming some of these docks have been sweetened up with brush by the owners?

Post Thanks / Like

It is a good Lake until the monsters come out of some of those docks. In the summer my little 20' nitro will not handle those monster wakes.This is why I fish Truman in summer and LOZ in the winter.

Post Thanks / Like

We have had our lake house for 3 years and I rarely take the boat out fishing since the crappie fishing is so good from the dock. I am very thankful to those before me who must have spent a lot of time and energy on the crappie beds between the docks.

I seem to like the higher mile markers of the osage arm and usually fish blue or chart grubs but from what I have read everyone seems to be catching nice size crappie throught all the arms of the lake.
    JoyJoy
    Lake of the Ozarks
    46 mm

Post Thanks / Like

Default loz

Upper lake can be good too, but I still think day in and day out the glaize, gravios, niangua, and Osage from the 1mm to the 17mm is your best bet. The water clarity is usually better and some of the bigger fish are being caught there this year. Also more public ramps. My $.02

Post Thanks / Like

What mile marker would the town of Osage Beach be at? Thats where I stayed when i was vacationing there.

Post Thanks / Like

It is from about the 16 mm to about the 21 mm on the main [osage] channel and the last couple miles of the glaize arm.These are the areas i fish most of the time and have good luck year round.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Bugman,
    You fish early morning and off the water by 10:00 in the summer?
    Last time I came through there in the middle of summer was pushing a 30 well dock and I was not sure it was going to make it in the waves.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast