Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: A Post For Michigan.......

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation A Post For Michigan.......

I don't want to sound like I'm being nosy, but there is one facet that you guys might try to get some interest going. I started the LA board a bit less than 3 years ago, and it was a slow time before things got rolling, and guess what made the difference? After looking at some of the other states, especially North and South Carolina, there were lots of photos displaying the member's crappie catches, and like me, others from other state boards were reading them too! OK! I got out the Nikon and took it with me on every trip to see if I got more interest. It's not hard to post pics, and talk about results! Suddenly we started picking up new members and lots of posts coming in....virtually all of our members now can post pics, and I can hardly keep up with all the posts and pics. I used the ol' Nikon untill I realized how expensive it was to have all my photos developed to a CD, so I bought a digital so I could put them directly on my 'puter. I hope you guys don't mind this suggestion from an ol' southern boy...."get you some digital cameras!" They don't have to be a high dollar 10 MP money hole job, I got a 3.1 MP and it's all I need for posting, and it takes great photos!!! Watch for discount sales in the paper and flyers, usually from places like "Circuit City," and you can buy them cheaper. Just a suggestion, guys, but I'd like to see you get kicked off strong, thereby generating more interest and a better board for all of you. BTW, tell all your friends and get them to sign up on the site, it's free and you can get reports in your area, which will help you and your fishing buddys to be where they are biteing at the right time to catch crappie, or whatever you fish for. I wish all of you good luck and good fishing!! :D

Post Thanks / Like

labill you are right about the help that the other people on the board can be to ones fishing success. On the North Carolina and the South Carolina board there are discussions about when to fish for and where to fish for any number of different types of fish and there seems to most always be someone there to help you out with most anything. Great group of guys and gals and its always fun to see the pictures of what the catch is. I fish up in northern Michigan multiple times a year and have some ice fishing pictures of last Christmas that I will post for the guys and gals that were caught on Fletchers floodwaters up there. Had a grand time on the ice and the Pike and bass and crappie and bluegills are there. If some of you guys keep plugin at this board then others will join in and before you know it there will be a network going and everyones fishing will improve. Best thing is you get to meet some great people.

Post Thanks / Like

Default I understand...

You're correct LA Bill about posting pics and all. I usually wait until I get home to take my pics, but I think it will be a better story to do it out on the water. I'll make sure I keep my digital camera on me when I go fishing. Even if I catch something other than crappie...walleyes are my favorite :D ...I can still post the information.
    I'd rather be on the lake enjoying the thrill of my rod telling me there's a fish on the end of my line. :D

Corey

Post Thanks / Like

Default I hope the action picks up

You guys are right about the help on the South Carolina Site. I hope that more people in Michigan get involved and start posting. I think that a lot of people don't even know about "CRAPPIE.COM". I only heard about it about a month ago. As more people there find out about it , it is bound to get better. I feel that fishing is for everyone and we should all help each other as much as we can with as much information as we can. Here in South Carolina that seems to be the case. But then again we all know how fisherman lie!!!!(lol).
    To make life enjoyable, you must have crappie days.

Post Thanks / Like

Guys, I like your attitudes about this, being positive is a great way to build your forum. cstyle and FishCrazy, if all of your members had your attitude, you would have few problems! magnum500, thanks for your input, you've got a great forum.

I didn't mention this on my first post, I put some ads out in papers and commercial flyers and recruited a few members, and in turn they told their friends about this great site. I make a little money on the computer and had advertising contacts that gave me a break on the ads. Word of mouth goes a long way, and you will be surprised how many will check it out and like it. Ads are fairly expensive and can get results, but having a friend tell you about it is even better.

Drop in on the LA board once in a while and browse around, and also N. and S. Carolina. When you see the big numbers under "Posts and Threads" on the right side of the board, check out those boards also. Hang in there, it will get better!

Post Thanks / Like

I live near lansing mich. As soon as the weather warms up and the fish get going, I will try and get some posts and pics going.I did not know that there was a michigan board until today.(guess I spend a little to much time in the main forum)I have never posted any pics, so ya may have to give me some time.
    I fish a lot of the smaller lake in the central mich area, most have decent crappie fishing, lots of good eaters, just a little small on the size.
    once the ice gets off houghton, cadillac and mitchell, I usually give them a try. will post the results.:D :D
    fillet em n fry em
    john

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting post. Im from Idaho and probably the only one from that state who hangs out on this forum. Its interesting to see how its done in other places. I have fished for most everything including lots of crappie for more then fifty years now. Im learning new things all the time from this site. Idaho is known more for trout and steelhead, but we have some good pan fishing too. I have realatives in Wisconsin and fish over there once in a while. I see they don't have a state forum either. Just wanted to say Hi, and let you know that there is interest and they will find you. Keep up the good work....

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey steelguy

I'm looking for some new fishing spots to travel to. I know Lansing is a bit of a drive from Belleville, but hey you gotta go where the fish are. I guess my thing is to try different places around the state and even OH to get some new fishing under my belt. One problem I have with this wonderful state is they don't offer lifetime fishing licenses like they do in other states I wonder why
    I'd rather be on the lake enjoying the thrill of my rod telling me there's a fish on the end of my line. :D

Corey

Post Thanks / Like

Default sent you a pm

cstyle check your message box.:D
    fillet em n fry em
    john

Post Thanks / Like

Hey steelguy, thanks for the information. I'll PM you when I'm on my way up there.

Corey