Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: river fishing in North Carolina for the kids

Post Thanks / Like

Default river fishing in North Carolina for the kids

oct. 15th i am planning on hosting a tourney in N.C. in the raliegh durham area on a 3 fish slam format proceeds to benifit a kids outdoors charity would love some particpation from some members here i will update this post with a link and more detail's

the slam is bass ,catfish ,panfish(crappie,sunfish)

FISH WILL BE MEASURED AND JUDGED BY LENGTH on a "golden rule" more info to come please post any feedback as we are tring to finalize prize's and rules -----before we go totally public------

thanks to all who could participate it wil be a good event for a good cause
    Last edited by froggywaters; 07-01-2011 at 07:04 PM. Reason: spelling

Post Thanks / Like

Froggy, sounds like a great idea. I hope you have a lot of participation.

Post Thanks / Like

Froggy, I agree it sounds good. I live about 3 hours east of Raleigh and about 30 minutes from the outer banks. I am helping put together a program at our church called " Kits for Kids ". We have 350 kids that live in the county of currituck which is where my church is. The reason for this is because these kids recieved free breakfast and lunch during the school year and free lunch during the summer months.The state of NC cut the budget for that program so now these kids don't have any food to eat during the day while they are out of school. We have been collecting food from various companys in our community to help these kids and there family. So far we are getting around 25 to 30 kids in our immediate area and are expecting 100 before the summer is over. Some of these kids and there family are so poor they can't even buy hygiene supplies,there shoes are so ragged it looks like there falling off there feet. We have a lady that has taken charge of putting nutrional type foods such as peanut butter certain types of bread and caned pasta,fruits,and many other items to do them for a whole week. I have been very blessed to be able to travel and sing all over the united states and even sing in Argentina while I was on a mission trip over there last November. I thought I had seen some of the pooriest families in my life until I saw some of the kids that we are helping in our on community. It just breaks my heart when they come to our church on Tuesday to pick up there food. I cry all the way home thanking God for what I have and to be blessed with not only my family put my church family. If you will PM me with some info I will give you my phone number so you can call me if you need any help with anything from in my area. Sorry to babble on so much but I am very passionate about kids.

God Bless

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you very much had a business meeting today on topics so we could move foward gospel singer I wi pm you and I am working to arrange affordable boating for those that do not have it hope I can work It out I will post more soon

Post Thanks / Like

Looking forward to coming. If you need anything at all just let me know. Hope things go smooth for you. Will keep you and the event in our prayers