Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Blackshear 11/05

Post Thanks / Like

Default Blackshear 11/05

Knocked off work a little early Friday and headed over to Blackshear. Had planned on fishing around the trussel and the 280 bridge. While I was putting the boat in the water, around 4 pm, I met another gentleman heading out. He had 8 slabs that he caught under the 280 bridge. He said the water was so choppy he couldn't stay on his spot but the fish were tearing it up. So, I decided to go straight over to the bridge. The water was BRUTAL! It was a pain to try and hold the spot. I caught a nice one right off the bat with a brown/orange tube jig and my wife caught one on a minnow. The water finally eased about an hour later and the fish shut down completely.

Gonna try again this afternoon to see if we can do a little better.

Papasage, can't wait to hear if you had better luck with them this morning.

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

hi skillit i didnt go today i may go tomorrow morning . i have ben having probablems with my for finger . i twisted it out of joint or something and ben wearing a brace on it on and off . it seams to be better today so i might go in the morning . the better fishing time will be in the morning acording to the W A L B fishing times . it will be cool but that is better than hot . papasage
    retired and now i will always fish