Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lowerace HD 10 or Hummingbird 1198

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lowerace HD 10 or Hummingbird 1198

Looking to put another graph on my boat down imaging is a must. hd10, you have to buy the scan unit, the hummingbird has it built in it already. Need some direction on wich one to purchace.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

If I had the money I would opt for an 8 on the dash and a 7 on the front. The 8 will still have the hot keys like the ten for quick changes from screen to screen and would be plenty big. Then use the money saved from that to get the LSS1 and a 7 for up front. The LSS1 can be used to run DSI and side scan for both units. Check out BBG marine for some great deals on combos like a 8 and 7 with LSS1 for one money with everything to have them connected. They also have other combos like a 5 and 5 or 10 and 8 or 7 and 7. Lots of options but I feel the 10 is over kill for the extra money. An 8 and 7 would be my choice for sure. Good luck with the purchace. What you doing with your big screen LCX 113 HD C?

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Jared, the 8 is more then enough. I have 2 7's and the LSS-1 and I don't need the 8. Polls are fun, but you don't know if the voters have ever even owned/used the products, and this ends up being a ford v. chevy thing.

I can tell you I've owned both units, and they both do a similar job when you look at the base units. For down imaging, at the moment Lowrance has the better solution due to the dedicated crystal in the transducer. Slow troll, or hold on submerged brush, then Lowrance again. Viewing the screen in sunlight, Lowrance. Not wasting the screen with readouts that use 1/4 of the viewable area, Lowrance.

When you decide you want to add a temp sensor in your livewell, or music, or broadband radar, etc. etc. etc. there's only one choice. Lowrance.You may already have NMEA 2000 network in your boat since you have Lowrance already, so you can continue to use it.

Post Thanks / Like

I like the lowrance, today I used maps, side scan, and down scan all on the same screen and it was awsome, I have owned both brands and the lowrance is by far the better unit ,,,,in my opinion.. for what it is worth