Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Halfway Decent Weekend

Post Thanks / Like

Default Halfway Decent Weekend

supposed to be semi-nice weather this weekend, anyone going out anywhere? i am heading to busch tomorrow because it is close and can't get away this weekend. i will put up a report if anything comes of it.
    "We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect"
    -Aldo Leopold

Post Thanks / Like

Heading to Thomas Hill in the AM, good luck fryguy.

Post Thanks / Like

Fryguy- Im at the lake of the ozarks was going to fish today but to dog gone cold and windy was 38 degrees with 15 mph winds from the north. Going to try it tomorrow come heck or high water!!! Say there still biting good 6-10 ft deep. Will give the report--- Good luck at busch tomorrow let us know how you did!!!

Post Thanks / Like

duck, i wish i could sneak down to LOZ this weekend. i was at our house down there two weeks ago but i started getting a bad cold on the drive down and it cleared up on the drive back. talk about bad luck. i fished for a grand total of maybe 30 minutes and caught a bass about the size of my....well it was small for a bass anyway.good luck to you as well. i don't know where you are at but on mm18 there is a cove you may want to check out.
    "We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect"
    -Aldo Leopold

Post Thanks / Like

so i didn't have any luck out at busch, i caught a few small bass but it wasn't the fisheries fault. there were lots and lots of folks out there gun training their dogs with live ammo on the my favorite lakes. so that forced me to go to lakes i had never been on and it didn't go so well. how did you folks do?
    -Aldo Leopold

Post Thanks / Like

Well, it was a half decent saturday. My parents stayed in Clinton for the weekend so I fished below Truman dam on friday evening and saturday afternoon. I would say the fishing friday evening was better. I saw a few whites and crappies caught with the occasional walleye. On saturday it was a different story. I saw maybe 10 fish caught from 2-6:30. Needless to say there were alot of frustated folks out. They are not releasing any water so the fishing isn't going to be spectacular, but you do expect to catch a few fish. My count was 10 fish caught for the 2 days.

Crappie fishing is my drug, I'm just looking for my next hit.