Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bucksaw Report anyone?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bucksaw Report anyone?

We are going to give Bucksaw a try Wednesday and was wondering if anyone could point us in a general direction to fish? I haven't been there in ages and the fella going with me hasn't been there in about 5 or 6 years......Pretty please! Gotta learn something about it if we are going to fish that tournament!!!Doh

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Fish the flats on main lake or in larger creeks. Jigs or jigs tipped with minnows. 8-18 ft of water 8-11 ft down. Cedars have been good but leave out hedge amd hardwoods. Keep on the move usually only one good fish per tree unless you find a big cedar and it may hold more than one fish. Hope you find some good ones.

Post Thanks / Like

I talk to a guy tonite that said bite was fair between U Bridge & down past the Marina but you have to move a lot. 20-30 mph wind for wed is what he told me so be careful.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the tips guys!! I saw the winds were going to be pretty rough...Thought about cancelling, however we're going to give it a whirl and hopefully find something out of the wind...It's from the west so I'm hoping we can find something. I went ahead and loaded up an extra trolling motor battery because I'm sure I'll run the other one out...should have put a 24volt on it to start with! Seriously though, thank you guys a bunch!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down whatever you do

Whatever you do, don't let Karl in your boat he's bad luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by linesnapper View Post
    Whatever you do, don't let Karl in your boat he's bad luck!
    Who is Karl? Welcome to the board, linesnapper.

Post Thanks / Like

Jigging 15 gave you an excellent report for Truman Lake right now. Don’t expect to catch 7 crappie in one spot; use your trolling motor and move around….a lot. Pick up one here and one there; typical summer time fishing at Truman Lake (don’t be a afraid to fish shallow).

Good luck-
    Kevin Rogers-

Post Thanks / Like

Well we fished Bucksaw for a few hours this afternoon. I'm pretty sure I like sticking to places that I know better! lol. We fished a little bit of Cedar Creek and around G18. We caught some small fish and ended up with 5 keepers. It was too windy to fish between U bridge and the marina like Just Jiggin said. We ended up leaving around 12:30 and headed to Clear Creek and finished out limits out there in a few hours. Thanks everyone for the tips!! Hopefully there will be a calmer day to try Bucksaw again before the next tournament, if not I'm just going to secretly tie a tow rope to someone elses boat so that we can follow them around to the fish!!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh and linesnapper, Karl, lived up to his name a few times today!!

Post Thanks / Like

I would never fish shallow when its 90 degrees,,ok im a liar,try it,its fun

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast