Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Florida Crappie Club Challenge

Post Thanks / Like

Default Florida Crappie Club Challenge

There have been a few comments on CDC past month that FCC members, pro's & semi-pros, really don't spend the time to
    speak with general public and/log onto CDC and respond to CDC
    everyday fishermen. That we give vague answers to things, talk
    about other states and fishing, but not about current lake, or
    Florida lakes in general, nor do we discuss various tools of trade
    (poles, baits live or art etc, pre knowledge of lake, how to fish it
    as needed for best results). Granted a lot of FCC members are
    professional guides, various factory representative, but by far
    a large number are everyday/weekend, have a good time Crappie
    fisherman (men & women) who like a competitive challange as well
    as learning more about the sport.

That being said, for all the CDC members, casual readers, including
    pro & semi pro non FCC members, we hereby Challange all to a
    Crappie Tournament.
    This will be a lake of your choice, with
    adequate launch facilities, no swamps, mudholes, or motor size
    restrictions, etc., anywhere in Florida. FCC tournament rules to
    apply. Dates of September 17th & 24th are open for us.
    Last edited by fishin813; 06-14-2011 at 04:43 PM. Reason: continuation of thread

Post Thanks / Like

Continuation of Challenge:

You pick the Lake, number of teams, FCC will match your teams, there will be
    an entry fee of $6.00 per team to cover "big fish & winning weigh". You could have
    it as total teams weight, individual teams, you gentlemen pick a spokes person
    and tell us what you want and we will be there.

An open forum question and answer session will be conducted after tournament
    for all in attendance whether in tournament or there for weigh in.

Come out and fish, have a good time, meet some of the best representatives
    the State of Florida has involving the catching of Spec's (Crappie)

You may respond on CDC or call Harold McGhee (813) 215-9759 or Pres. Darryl
    Cole, (352) 669-0442 home or cell (352) 516-0869

Thank you

Harold McGhee, sec
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

How much would it cost me to fish in Darryl Cole's boat?
    "If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."

Post Thanks / Like

Good question, duh - probably have to take that up with Darryl........ought to be
    interesting though. I assure you, you wouldn't be the first or maybe the first after
    me......(just kidding) Should be fun tournament...

Post Thanks / Like

O.K. let me try this again. I have nothing against tournaments or professional fisherman. I have simply stated that they do not disclose their tactics in full. I also said I do not blame them, that is how they make a living. Heck, I do not disclose all info I know or have on here because of all the internet scouters and people showing up and fishin your holes. Only thing I said was simply that I do not and would not tourney fish as it turns something I enjoy into work. And that 813's posts wear me out just reading the hurry up run fast gotta get to the weigh in posts. I said it before relax a tad and enjoy it some. Nothing against 813 or anyone else, I do not know them and can not cast judgement because of that. If that is what you enjoy, so be it and more power to ya. I enjoy the Slabfests and just getting out on the water in general fishing for anything wherever I happen to be fresh or salt.So relax a little guys and lets get back to having fun. Or else we can just as well sign on the Florida Sportsmen board and argue and carry on all the time. The only other thing I said and still stand by is that posting a tournamnent on this page that interferes with this forums slabfest is in bad taste. Put it on the tournament board in the main section for that one week instead of the Florida board. I hope that clears it for ya 813 as it seems you have started to seperate this board into 2 groups, CDC and FCC, which is a bad thing for this forum. And back to your topic, no I do not fish tourneys, count me out.

Post Thanks / Like

Ask Darryl if he was an idea where the major tourneys are gonna be next year and put it on 1 of those lakes.
    I aint here to tell you anything. You want to know what Im doing....pm me and meet me on the lake.

Post Thanks / Like

Will bring that up at next meeting. Good idea...

Usually the next year's schedule is done shortly after the classic in December.
    Each Div. puts in a tournament request complete with dates etc. and than
    we discuss it for finalizing.

Post Thanks / Like

My humble opinion is this...I don't mind reading about the FCC tournaments on the Florida site. I find it helpful that 813 posts the results and how the fish were caught. Most of the lakes that they fish are within striking distance of my home, which is awfully enticing. No offense to you huntinslabs, as I may not know your posting past history. I just enjoy reading as much information about crappie as possible, and I love that most of these lakes are very close to me so I might actually learn something.
    Just my two cents.
    "If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."

Post Thanks / Like

wisly said 813 i think this is good its more to see what lakes are out there and see if we can fish them in the next tourament next yr .. i know how i like to fish new waters and i like fishing old waters there. is lakes that FPL owns here where i live and i think the FCC should see if we could get a tourament in this lake and hold a donation in there fav. i know there is 3 to 4 lb crappie in there we in the old day could fish it and it was loaded up then with slabs i mean big ones ..
    well i like this little out burst you did it just put feeler out to get more in . can learn alot if somone likes to fish , i mean come on 6 bucks ... i got that in change lmao.. heck can i put one out there i got a callenge if you need it .... sept. would be a good month for it aswell .. pm me and we will chat or call me i want to talk to u about it .... thats if i can do it or do you need somone that fish tourments already ok i will stop lol

Post Thanks / Like

Once again i didn't proof read my thread good enough before posting.
    The entry fee is $60.00 per team not $6.00 ...Shucks there wouldn't
    be enough for any kind of a challenge or incentive to come to the event. Got to
    have sum kind of wager involved to make it interesting.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast