Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wardy

frank lawhead is offline RIP Frank - Crystal is now posting on his behalf.
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Wardy

Anybody On Here Know The Wherabouts Of Wardy ?
    Have,nt Seen Any Posts Of His In Along Time

Just Wondering
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

i've seen him out and about checkin people,but i believe a past discussion on here drove him away.
    "It's not the size of the jig,It's how you use it!!"

Post Thanks / Like

I think it would be tough to be in his position and say much publically. I would bet he still monitors the board and hopefully, give us some good input at the right time. He sure is a nice fellow and a great addition to this board.

frank lawhead is offline RIP Frank - Crystal is now posting on his behalf.
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Never Meet Him But A Swell, Person To Chat With
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

I always got along with him,but some things were said that kinda got outta hand,but things happen.As far as being in a tough position to reveal anything publicly,i can see where it's tough,but in a previous conversation between a few of us,he was kinda upset about posting certain things about sangchris.I just stood up for a guy who was being hounded,but i should have just kept quiet about it,but people learn from their mistakes.

I kinda figured since we all actually contribute to the resource one way or another,whether it be buying fishing licenses,volunteering time on the water,or whatever,we should have a right to know where some of the tree drops and fish habitat are.Our tax dollars some way or another contribute as well,to fish stocking and such.A few of us did not agree with wardy being so secretive and he flipped.That's all in the past now.

Post Thanks / Like

angler 73 like your quote. save your arm for casting and try not to pat yourself on the back so much. i take you don't have a boat or electronics. there are truely great anglers out there in boats, i mean you don't see all the greats getting together and have major bank fishing tournaments to find the truely great fisherman. and about the brush, your tax dollars don't pay for any stocking or habitat programs. all money used to pay for conservation comes from fishing and hunting licenses. maybe if you used your electronics, sorry your brain, you could find those brush piles. even us not so great and brainless fisherman can find a brush pile

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wardy

Ahhh, well spoken Slabslayer. Fishing is a priveledge, not a right garaunteed by the constitution. Tax dollars have nothing to do with it. Profiency is gained by time, study,work,and an open mind. I went back and read the old threads. Wardy didn't flip out... he told it like it is.
    PieEye
    "You can't fish with a landing net in both hands, you need one hand to put something back !

Post Thanks / Like

Well,dave,i have to hand it to ya,your a legend,a legend in your own mind.I fish with a guy that you know,and we've found brush at sangchris,not alot,but we've found some.He's got some of the best electronics money can buy,and we still have not found the bulk of it.We pull crappie outta there every trip,most of which don't keep or barely make the 10 inch line.That's using jigs up to a 1/4oz too.

Once in awhile we get some nice 12's or 13's,but not very often.In the past 2 months,we've talked to several guys out in their boats and all of em have said the same thing,not much quality and the quantity has been poor as well on most days.i fish with 3 of the best guys i've ever seen throw a line,and it's the same thing,low quality as well as quantity.

And yes,i do have a nice boat and good electronics,and i do quite well in every other lake,but sangchris has alot of guys stumped,except for those very chosen few legends.As far as bank fishing,Wally Marshall started out fishing the bank,and won several crappie tournaments fishing from shore,so yeah,it can be done.

I also have known of a couple of tournaments being won at shelby from the shoreline.Alot of real,quality anglers can do it both boat and bank,but some rely strictly on their gps and other electronics,guess they can't do it without their electronics,I like the thrill of the hunt,using the memory and knowledge gained to find fish,that's a quality fisherman.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PieEye
    Ahhh, well spoken Slabslayer. Fishing is a priveledge, not a right garaunteed by the constitution. Tax dollars have nothing to do with it. Profiency is gained by time, study,work,and an open mind. I went back and read the old threads. Wardy didn't flip out... he told it like it is.

Hey Pie..Wardy didn't tell anything like it was..he was rude to another member who was just asking a few questions. And you are 100 percent right when you say "proficiency is gained by time, study,work and an open mind". I am a journeyman electrician which took 4 years in an apprenticeship and many years on the job to become really proficient. I also have earned 2 black belts in a martial art which took 4 years for the 1st one and another 5 years for the second one (minimum of 3 days a week the entire time). I have trained elctrician apprentices for over 20 years and I taught martial arts for 9 years. So I know something about study, time and work. I also know about helping someone who doesn't know as much as you. To do that right..you don't get rude or try to pull rank. Both being an apprentice trainer and a martial arts instructor are about bringing someone less experienced up to your level..not kicking them down with an attitude. Information is meant to be shared. I bet there have been many times in your life Pie that you have helped someone somehow and I bet it made you feel pretty good for the rest of the day....that is all that other member was wanting back then..a little help.

Post Thanks / Like

let's not start another, I'm better than you argument
    PLEASE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast