Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: mozingo 6-4

Post Thanks / Like

Default mozingo 6-4

Name:  Polk-20110604-00033.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  40.7 KB
    saturday started a little slow got on the water about 9:30 and fished till 2:30 only caught 3 crappie and 3 very nice size bass. Picked my son up from football camp at 4 and headed back to lake, thats when the fun began.We ended up with 12 keepers all fish 10" or bigger with the largest being 14". That one was caught by Luke he was very happy, I thought he had another one of those pesky basses on at first, but instead it was a very nice fish. All fish were caught on minnows 8 to 14 feet deep in 22 foot of water. couldnt get anything on any color of jig I threw. Thanks to OZ for the tip on the bait shop she is a super nice lady, and pointed me in the right direction.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice fish the young man is holding and also a nice shot of the lake. Thanks for sharing and congrats on a great day of fishing.:p
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice fish, glad you had a good outing!!!
    May all your live wells be full.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

We fished Mozingo Sat from 8:00 untill 2:00. We endened up wiith thirteen crappie. We were able to catch them on jigs and minnows about 10-13 ft deep in around 20 fow. The fish seemed very scattered. We would pick up two or three real quick in each spot, then nothing. We caught some over submerged brush, some in the trees, and others near the mouth of inlets on the west side of the lake.

keeferfish is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Fished a Bass tourney up there Saturday which we were lucky enough to win. We had 5 that went 16lbs and must have caught 12 keepers with the big bass of 5.50. Talked to a lot of crappie guys and they all said pretty much the same thing, minnows about 10 to 15 feet down in 20-25 fow but only a few on each tree. We also seen a NICE Walleye caught on the hump out in the middle. Super nice day up there and super nice lake.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad she helped you out. Those small bait shops might be more expensive, but she has given me good advice when I head up there. Her son in law is my hunting partner and good friend.

Post Thanks / Like

glad you got into a few, that is a nice picture.