Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: trolling rod holders

Speck is online now MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default trolling rod holders

I built some trolling rod holders this weekend. I used 1x1x1/8 inch angle iron, a 1/2x12inch steel nipple (not galvanized!!!!), a 1/2 inch threaded floor plate.
    I cut the angle 18 inches and drilled 11/32 holes about 2 1/2 inches from each end. I then welded one end of the nipple to the center of the angle. I purchased some no-name rod holders from th Grizzly Jig Co. which were metric threaded so they wont fit Driftmaster of Attwood holders. I tapped the 11/32 holes with a 10mm tap and the rod holders screwed right in. They lock down with a wing nut. I painted them with flat black Rustoleum and put the floor plates on the bottom of the nipples. You can put several floor plates in your boat to move the holders around. If your interested in pics, leave me a pm with your e-mail and I'll try to send them since the pics are toob big to post here.
    I'd be happy to build some sets for someone interested in putting me on some slabs at either Sardis or Enid MS anytime the week of April 15 through the 22

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

If the pic is to big.....this is what I do...... right click on the pic go to copy then paste the copy on the desktop by right clicking then go to paste. Next right click on the pic then go to "open with" then Paint. When this opens..... go to Image then click "Stretch/Skew. On the horizon change the 100% to 50- 60% ( you can experiment with this, the smaller the no. the smaller the pic.) Do the same with the virtical. Exit and the pic will be reduced.
    Trump is like the guy that comes on the playground and beats up on the guys that's been pushing you around for the last 30 or 40 years.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks ricky. I'll have to keep this one for future refrence
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Good job Speck.

Post Thanks / Like

I am working on new rod holders myself, I hope to have them at crappie camp.
    LET IT RIP!

Post Thanks / Like

Get some 1/2 inch conduit lock nuts to snug the pipe up to the flanges.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Speckhunter - You can also ......

Quote Originally Posted by ricky
    If the pic is to big.....this is what I do...... right click on the pic go to copy then paste the copy on the desktop by right clicking then go to paste. Next right click on the pic then go to "open with" then Paint. When this opens..... go to Image then click "Stretch/Skew. On the horizon change the 100% to 50- 60% ( you can experiment with this, the smaller the no. the smaller the pic.) Do the same with the virtical. Exit and the pic will be reduced.
    open a Photobucket account ... and store your pics, there, for free. it automatically re-sizes the pictures -- plus it gives you the "image" address or "URL" address to the picture ... and all you have to do is copy & paste either of them in this text box. I've got 42 pics stored in my Photobucket album ... and haven't run out of space for more. I store copies of all my downloaded pics, on my computer, in a folder. When I add new ones to the folder, all I have to do to put them in Photobucket is to open the Photobucket site to my "album" ... click on the "browse" button, which automatically opens my picture folder ... click on the picture I want to transfer ... click the "open" button (in the folder window) ... and it sends the picture to Photobucket ... then I click on the "Submit" button on Photobucket, and it places the picture in my album (and resizes it). As long as the pics are stored in Photobucket, they will continue to show up wherever I've posted them. But, once they're deleted from Photobucket, a "red X in a box" will take the place of the picture. The downloaded pics come out, on the post, as this size (or smaller, depending on original size) :

Just the right size to see detail, but not so big that it covers the screen !! The above pic is from a digital camera ... film camera pics come out smaller, and pics from a scanner can be "trimmed" during the scanning process or may be re-sized by Photobucket.
    The "URL" version will appear like this : http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42...y/DSCF0022.jpg
    And when you click on this link, you'll see the same picture - same size - just in another window.
    You can always use the "Test" site to try out your picture posting, beforehand ... or use the "Preview Post" button, to see how the picture fits the post.
    This is just another method that can be utilized, and in no way is meant to diminish "Ricky's" manual re-sizing info .............. cp

Post Thanks / Like

excellent suggestion Matt

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

nice looking holders speck. Billy

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks fishinpox and Billy. Good luck this season!!

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast