Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Hillsdale 5-22

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hillsdale 5-22

The weather forced me to go to Hillsdale on Sunday so I thought I would try to give something back to the CDC community. First, the water is chocolate from all of the recent rain, but it has never stopped me from trying to fish. We started out running treeline out in front of coves and manged to catch a few black crappie sitting off the bank. Only one keeper with a few 9.5" fish off beetle spins. We decided to make a move to another cove where we again struck out.

We then decided to try to find a little clearer water. As we moved back into a new cove with a little better visibility (water was still dirty) we started hitting them pretty good. Most fish came in 4-6' on bobers tipped with jigs or slab busters. All fish were sitting right next to isolated trees and there was a fish on every tree. Surprising, we caught a few fish that were full of eggs including a 12.5." Most of the fish we caught were 11+ inches and we ended up with 14 for the day. It took us most all day to find the fish and we had to go home before we could limit out. Anyways I hope this post helps someone.

Post Thanks / Like

good report for hillsdale, haven't fished there for over 10 years, used to hit it a few times each year when I was working at lacygne.....
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

This was my second trip to Hillsdale. I was hitting LaCygne a lot in Jan/Feb for bass. I caught some toads earlier in the year, but when the water warmed I found myself at LOZ and Truman.I probably should have posted this in Kansas fishing section, but sometimes I get confused living on the border. Mods feel free to move.

Post Thanks / Like

good post thanks reg hd fishers pretty tight lipped

Post Thanks / Like

WTG reelfish....good report.

Post Thanks / Like

verry nice report, thank you, I never fished HD but sounds like some pretty good fish and fishing. congrats on your day

Post Thanks / Like

Very good report..... thanks for sharing some good info. And congrats on getting out and finding them.
    We do not want the gift of a fish; neither do we expect a lesson on fishing; what we direly need is a chance to fish