Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Twain's Got Em Too!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Twain's Got Em Too!

Dad and I took a buddy out for the weekend on Twain and we went hog huntin.... lot's of running, caught fish everywhere we went, but found a few pigs in one particular area of the lake.

Dad caught these two on back to back flips to the same tree......

I followed up, picking up his scraps while I fishing out of my normal spot in the back of the boat.

Bumped them all and all (3) went over 15.5 with the biggest at 16.25, still full of eggs.

Here's where it got interesting......one other boat where we were at and they saw us releasing the toads. Came up and gave us a rash of **** for releasing them and not knifing them! Not sure why it mattered to them, just means the fish are back in there for someone else........I actually got pretty irritated with it, as did pops. It's our home lake where we spend a lot of time, energy, and resources so why not do our part? The lake is getting sained right now with everyone and their dog catchin fish......kinda sad cause it was really starting to produce.

I did hear that the gamers have been writing ticket after ticket for double dipping....

Kept (3) limits of eaters and had a fantastic weekend all around!

U

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice fish. Glad to hear that someone cares about the lake and does his part to keep it going. I fish it alot also and this has been the best in a long time.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice fish gents each to his own to release or not to release!!!!!
    May all your live wells be full.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Nice Fish, U. That rash is ok. It doesn't scratch. LMAO. Green Jean's is working hard. Glad to see it. Funny, How greedy some folk's get. I ask alotta local's, they haven't heard it. But he's there.

Post Thanks / Like

Now those are some nice fish...congrats!
    Sometimes you're the monkey...Sometimes you're the football

Post Thanks / Like

Nice fish!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

you wanna release your business, not his, you wanna keep your business, but if you get more than you can handle,well MY BUSINESS!send them my way, congrats on the great day and keep on keepin on.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice fish guys! Always good to get dad out there and find the fish. And when people stick their nose where it don't belong, I have a tried and true method of dealing with it...... ignore em! Seriously, congrats, those are some real beauts.
    We do not want the gift of a fish; neither do we expect a lesson on fishing; what we direly need is a chance to fish

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the pigs. Unless you are mounting a personal best why keep the pigs? Not as good eating as those 10's. Thanks for doing the good deed. Maybe someone can catch them again!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by grb22 View Post
    Nice fish guys! Always good to get dad out there and find the fish. And when people stick their nose where it don't belong, I have a tried and true method of dealing with it...... ignore em! Seriously, congrats, those are some real beauts.
    Thanks!

The best thing about it........ Dad's got the bug worse than I do. He's been fishing Twain since it was built and knows the lake like the back of his hand. He's my fishing and hunting partner, and has probably forgotten more than I might ever know. At age 28, I still try to soak up everything he has to offer.......but man he can catch a fish.

U

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast