Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Got our condos out.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Got our condos out.

Thanks Jerry Blake for the plans. We've got an endless supply of bamboo and all other materials were free accept for the quickcrete. We made 7 condos at cost of under $35 dollars and had a sack of quickrete leftover.

We mixed the concrete in a wheelbarrel which seemed easier to me. The rebar and the rope is a must.

We made 4 tall condos and measured the bamboo at 15 ft and cut the bottoms off.

With the bottoms we made 3 short condos.

We put the short ones around the dock and put the others in the cove in 25-30 ft of water. We put one right outside the cove toward the main lake channel. Our goal is to be able to catch crappie year round on the deeper ones.

Post Thanks / Like

You don't think anyone saw ya, do you? LOL!

Post Thanks / Like

Ok you must be in Florida with those shorts on or drop was in the summer.

Post Thanks / Like

80 degrees weekend before last. Then came the twisters.

Post Thanks / Like

Nay that many trash boats and condo that would have to ozarks .
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

I would burn off the foliage with some lighter fluid before dropping them. But I'm a pyro.
    Standing in the Gap

Post Thanks / Like

It is LOZ. They just built those condos and marina within the last 3 years. Completely ruined the view of the lake for us. My father in law built the lake house in 1970 or so and the developers are catching up.

Post Thanks / Like

Lucky me lucky me i recognize the condo's looks like i'll have to do a little searching when i'm back that way...not really just aggrevating but i recently got permission to get some bamboo close to home..thanks hogster...and am looking forward to getting some bamboo beds out,were they easy to make and handle in the boat?give us some reports when the fish move on them according to the guys that use bamboo it doesent take long.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

i have seen the same thing done but with 1" pvc pipe instead of bamboo so that they are permanent and snag proof. how long do you think that bamboo lasts? looks good to me, i know right where those condos are also. hey fish, they did the exact same thing to us. built damn condos right next door. it was funny, they cut down all the trees, then named the condos after them. joni mitchell would have been proud!
    "We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect"
    -Aldo Leopold

Post Thanks / Like

Come on over and fish'em!!! They are very easy to make. Took 3 of us not quite 2 hours. They are VERY hard to handle if you try and get any speed. We dropped these close so it didnt matter to much. They light up the fishfinder like crazy. I cant wait to fishem.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast