Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Headed to Melvern for 11 days

Post Thanks / Like

Default Headed to Melvern for 11 days

We are loaded and ready to head out in the morning. Poor F150 is going to get a workout for sure with a 30 ft TT and a whole pickup bed full of crap! Got it squatting something severe!

Anyway if any of you fellas are out at Melvern and see a blue alumacraft it is probably me. Stop by and drink a beer if you are in the area! I think we will are in site 24.Thumbs Up

Will be giving the crappie a run but may have to take a break and get into the channel cat on the banks if they cooperate.

Dont be a stranger if you are out there!

Keith

Post Thanks / Like

Hey...Ya'll have fun where you camping COE or State???? We like the Coe outlet park c loop. I f you are having problem with your truck squatting install some Firestone Airbags.We tow a 12,500 lb. 5th wheel pin wt. around 2800 lb.and with the airbags we stay level no squat.

Post Thanks / Like

you ok over there....serious weather tonight in that area
    Remember "I" before "E," except in Budweiser

Post Thanks / Like

We made it back in one piece. If it wasnt the cold and rain it was the wind but it still beats sitting at home. That is until about Thursday when all the clowns start showing up at the lake. Perfectly quit e, enjoyable camping until the holiday crowd shows up...... I guess I should learn, I dont camp on any holiday weekends except memorial day and this was the last one for us. What a joke!
    Anyway, we survived the storms ok. The tornado that hit Reading was about 5 miles from us at Turkey point so that was certainly a test of the pucker power! lol!! We did manage to find the crappie and caught quite a few of them. We found them on the south side in about 5 foot of water. I was using the electric motor trolling about 1.7 mph pulling thinfins. We caught our share of crappie. A lot of them were pretty small but we did manage a few 14 inchers. Had a really good time other than the circus coming to the lake this weekend. Inconsiderate, rude, concieted, ok I better stop. I could get carried away if I keep talking about the circus that showed up this weekend! That is the last time for me! I will either go before or after the holiday weekend from now on!

Anyway, we came home with some crappie and had a good time for the most part. Oh yeah, we were camped in Turkey Point. Going to try the south side of the lake next weekend and see how that is for camping.

Keith