Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Pomme 5/18/11

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pomme 5/18/11

Don't fish pomme much but I do know we fished out of the Nemo ramp and caught a lot of fish two different ways. We started out trying to cast jigs toward the banks for spawing fish, but after about 20 minutes with no bites my buddy caught a fish on the bank in the button bush. So, we moved in and got the long rods out and started dipping bushes and caught a couple limites of small males ranging in size from 9.5-10.50. After that he wanted me to show him how I set up to run cranks so we put the racks on and pulled cranks for a couple hours on steep banks and caught a lot of nice fish in 25-35ft. Most fish were hitting baits running 8-12ft down. We were able to cull all but one of the sub 10inch fish and had a few over 13. He had a blast and now wants to get all the stuff you need to pull cranks. I told his wife I was sorry over lunch and had no control over this young man spending money. HA.
    Fish like your hungry!

Post Thanks / Like

good report and interesting. I had heard the crappie were in the bushes. I'm going to have to do some research on pulling crank baits for crappie. I've heard the Bandit lures are fairly popular. Crank baits rather than jigs is something I have never considered for crappie. I guess it is time. I wonder if anyone casts these lures or just trolls them? Perhaps I will start a new topic on crank baits for crappie. Hopefully, others will offer some good advice.

Post Thanks / Like

Good work on getting on fish with cranks i've never tried it this early but it sounds like i should.....
    For a full line of soft plastics, jig heads,
    jigging and casting rods, fluid beds and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

great report!

Brad
    Can You Find, "LIMITVILLE!!!" :D

Post Thanks / Like

Nice report Jason, sounds like a great day, lots of good reports come off pomm. congrats and keep em comming

Post Thanks / Like

It was fun to make the short drive and fish a new lake. Just looked at the 7 day report and chance of rain each day. Just what we need. Not to mention that won't help our gardens much.
    Fish like your hungry!

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations on your catch at Pomme. Last week fished Stockton three days in a row and caught limits of spawning males up in the flood brush. However, in two days of fishing this week - they appear to be gone after the front came through last Thursday. We have never been to Pomme before if you were coming from Ozark - which ramp would you put in and is there alot of brush to jig fish and how depth of water is the brush in. Thanks for any other help you might give.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RLCRAPPIE View Post
    Congratulations on your catch at Pomme. Last week fished Stockton three days in a row and caught limits of spawning males up in the flood brush. However, in two days of fishing this week - they appear to be gone after the front came through last Thursday. We have never been to Pomme before if you were coming from Ozark - which ramp would you put in and is there alot of brush to jig fish and how depth of water is the brush in. Thanks for any other help you might give.
    Take your pick of ramps. I don't think it would matter much plus its small enough you can run a little and move a lot. There is plenty of flooded brush to fish and we were catching most fish in 2-4ft. Some coves were more dingy than others and produced better than the ones with more visability.
    Fish like your hungry!