Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cutting Braid

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cutting Braid

I use fingernail clippers anytime I cut mono or fluorocarbon.

However, when I use braid I can't get it cut with the clippers. And I don't always remember to carry a knife.

What do y'all use to cut braid? I've heard someone mention a certain kind of scissors on this site, but I can't recall what they said. I've searched the site, and not had any luck.
    "I come from a state that raises corn, cotton, cockleburs and Democrats. Frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me."- Willard Duncan Vandiver

Post Thanks / Like

Fiskars scissors in the school supply section at Wallymart. 'bout $1.39 a pair and they work great on braid.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jackb View Post
    Fiskars scissors in the school supply section at Wallymart. 'bout $1.39 a pair and they work great on braid.
    This is the kinda answer I was looking for. I'm just surprised that the cheapy's work so well!
    "I come from a state that raises corn, cotton, cockleburs and Democrats. Frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me."- Willard Duncan Vandiver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by keyser_soze View Post
    This is the kinda answer I was looking for. I'm just surprised that the cheapy's work so well!
    Actually, usual suspects, it's what the manufacturer of Power Pro braid recommends; good clean cut.

Post Thanks / Like

yep.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jackb View Post
    Actually, usual suspects, it's what the manufacturer of Power Pro braid recommends; good clean cut.
    Not many people get my handle Jack. Thanks for the info.

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Those and I got lucky, was talking to a EMT and she gave me a pair of scissors they use to cut clothes and bandages. They are cheap but best I have used on braid.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by keyser_soze View Post
    Not many people get my handle Jack. Thanks for the info.

GREAT flick!

Post Thanks / Like

Are these what you're talking about?

Classroom / Products | Fiskars

Post Thanks / Like

I just use fingernail clippers, but once I cut, I slide sideways and it makes a nice clean cut. No issues. Especially when cutting the tag end after tying on your jig.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast