Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: New Lakemaster chip for Truman

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Lakemaster chip for Truman

Has anyone purchased the new Lakemaster gps chip for Truman Lake i am just curious how good of detail it shows and how far up in the river it shows out of Bucksaw the navonics chips dont show much past Bucksaw any info would help thanks

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have heard great things about the LakeMaster maps. But have not heard of anyone that has the new MO version yet. I would love to see it also.

Post Thanks / Like

I did buy one a couple of weeks ago. I'm relatively new to Truman lake and thought it might help navigate it some. I've only been down there one time since I got it and put in at bucksaw and it worked very well. Went both ways from bucksaw and it shows where the channel is very clearly. That is the only part of the lake i've been on with it. I hope to make a few more trips down there in the next few weeks and will let you know what I think after those trips if you want.

Post Thanks / Like

Would be intersting to how well it is above say Hay creek. That is where the navionics starts lacking in detail and that is where I guy needs the most detail in a map. Gets pretty tight in the channel up from there.

Post Thanks / Like

Is the LakeMaster mapping more detailed than the Lake Insight mapping on the HDS units?
    Progressive Marine Insurance SUCKS!. If you hit a submerged object they will try to prove manufacturers defect....stay away from them.

Post Thanks / Like

I finally got my chip but have been in Alabama until Saturday. The detail on the chip looks real good, I haven't looked at the upper ends of the lake above Hay creek, but I will and I will let you know what it looks like. Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Any luck with the map?
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to see it also. The Lake Insight built in my HDS unit is best I have seen so far but there is always something better out there. The detail for other lakes on them is second to none amd I like that you canadjust the contour lines if the lake is high or low so that it reads the true depth lines. Not what it is at normal pool. Will just have to see how well it works on the upper arms of the lake.