Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Evening bite at Smithville?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Evening bite at Smithville?

A week or two ago several posts mentioned evening success at Smithville. How has the evening bite been this week? Was thinking about fishing a few hours Saturday evening and joining the Campfire afterward. If there's no evening bite, I'll just drop by to talk.

Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Still good but slowing down just a bit from the bank not as big where I'm fishing. Best of luck

Post Thanks / Like

Mark, I went out the other day for a couple hours. The fish were biting from the bank between 6-7p but at 7p they were on a feeding frenzy for about 20 minutes. Then it stopped dead about 7:20-7:30. I left shortly after. I was at access point 23 (or 28?) I forget which. It was on the south side of the lake, whichever one that was. NOT the one off W.

Post Thanks / Like

Because of my working hours I seem to always fish the evening/ night bite and it has been really good to me here lately. I bank fish and I usually fish up in the crows creek section. I will be going tomorrow evening and the usually last till midnight then it stops, its weird but it happens like that every time I stay that late. Most people don't know this but once the bite slows on the north end of the lake they pick up on the south end of the lake by those jetties near the dam. I have caught some huge crappie off of those things since they put them in. And by the beach back in that little cove, WHERE BOATS AREN'T ALLOWED TO GO, my goodness there is some great fishing back there. I probably shouldn't be telling about my secret spot. Anyway good luck.
    Catch Fish Or Die Old Trying!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks a bunch, guys.

Post Thanks / Like

Afternoons have been best for me , especially with the rising water temps on the warmer sunny days . This cold front may set them back a little .