Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: flooded water

Post Thanks / Like

Default flooded water

hi, i am ky lake and wondering what is my best bet to catch a few crappie in these flooded conditions, guides in the area say its tuff, i even know one who pulled of this lake at went to tn to fish on a different lake, is my second yr here with flooded conditions, any advice or info would be highly appreciated.
    ty coach mark

Post Thanks / Like

Just start chasing the big gills and shell crackers but save some for
    me!! I'll be down to fish next week hope the water is selling a little

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Mark,

It has been tough. Early last week before the lake went high I was still catching some good white crappie off shoreline structure. They were around buck brush and cypress. I haven't seen it yet but they will likely stay close to finish whatever spawning they have left to do. Also some black crappie hang shallow well into June. It you can reach the the flooded trees in water 5 feet or less try using long poles and either minnows under a float or a Charlie Brewer skide jig around the cover. You might still pick off a few plus the redear and bluegill are close by as well.

Lyndon
    Old Guide
    Matthew 6:34
    Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by coach mark View Post
    hi, i am ky lake and wondering what is my best bet to catch a few crappie in these flooded conditions, guides in the area say its tuff, i even know one who pulled of this lake at went to tn to fish on a different lake, is my second yr here with flooded conditions, any advice or info would be highly appreciated.
    ty coach mark
    Answered your PM.
    Crappie Stomper Guide Service
    Crappie Fish'n With Attitude!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/crappiestomper
    ACC Crappie Stix Pro Staff
    Corn Field Crappie Gear Pro Staff